Monday, July 22, 2013
Friends of Denver Parks held our Board Meeting this evening and a discussion was opened concerning the future of our petition effort. John states “The city may try to disqualify some the 6,664 signatures that we turned in July 1. Because the city interfered with our petition circulation, we asked the judge for additional time to gather signatures until August 19, 2013. We need 3000 more signatures by August 19 to be sure we have enough to put the issue on the ballot.” The Board has determined that following the advise of our attorney would be the best course of action to insure the best chance at being successful.
So with that being said, we will be organizing the petition drive again. David and I have the petitions at our house and will distribute them from there. Judy Case will handle the returns at her home. We will need your help to make this work. We have 4 weekends to get this done.
As a reminder, during the Board meeting we witnessed a red tailed hawk, a flicker, a bat, and the coyote pack decided to run close by yipping and howling just to let us know that they needed our voices and efforts to keep this natural space a preserve for the wildlife who continue to live in the City of Denver.
We love those green t-shirts, so lets hit the trail again. For those who didn’t get a chance to help the first time, we could sure use some new folks/fresh horses to help with the petitions. Call or write about picking up a petition to circulate.
We’ve got a job to finish.
All the best,
Renee Lewis – President
Friends of Denver Parks
at 7:25 AM
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 28, 2013
- Colorado public bank amendment (2014) revised
- From Mayor Hancock
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 22, 2013
- YET ANOTHER TAX PROPOSAL?
- Yipping and howling, Hentzell coyotes join the fra...
- Confronting the Minotaur - Reflections on the Hent...
- MY OWN "MAKE MY DAY" EXPERIENCE
- Hentzell Park: City's rejection of petition spurs ...
- City Park West Meeting Reminder
- Trayvon Martin Rally at Denver's MLK Circle in Cit...
- Block-by-Block Trash Pickup
- DENVER POLICE AND FIRE SCANNER
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 15, 2013
- TODAY: TRAYVON MARTIN VERDICT PROTEST AT CITY PARK...
- Walkabout - Museum expansion at City Park - July 1...
- Good-bye to City Park in Denver
- On a Clear Day You Can See Hentzell Is a Park
- Walkabout - Black Arts Festival - July 13, 2013
- From Toxic "Dew of Death" to Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Denver Parks Needs Your Help
- City Park West Neighborhood Survey (and upcoming m...
- Denver City Council gets greedy, discusses imposin...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 8, 2013
- Whole Foods Union-Busting - Phil Goodstein - Naysa...
- Denver Citizens say " Put it On the Ballot"
- The Contempt of the Rulers - Phil Goodstein - The ...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 1, 2013
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.