Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Looks like the Mayor has been doing a lot of imagining himself:
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE MAYOR
Change Charter language to enable the Manager of Public Works to administer Local Maintenance Districts – Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Authorize members of Board of Equalization to assign designees. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Simplify description of department duties by removing “exclusively” from categorized duties in various departments in Charter. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Rename Department of Environmental Health to Department of Environment and Health and clarify public health roles and responsibilities to eliminate redundancy Further analysis and discussion required.
Explore restructure of Civil Service Commission (CSC), Office of Human Resources (OHR) and Career Service Authority (CSA), moving recruitment, hiring and promotion of all employees to OHR, placing discipline for all uniform employees in a CSC-like entity and all discipline for non-uniform employees in a CSA-like entity. Further analysis and discussion is required.
Move prescription of Salaries and Benefits to ordinance. Further analysis and discussion is required.
Clarify rules of the OHR/CSA discipline and appeal process. Further analysis anddiscussion is required.
Conduct a comprehensive review of Pay and Benefits to identify innovative practices. Further analysis and discussion required.
Create Department of Finance and Administration to consolidate appropriate city functions Further analysis and discussion is required.
Modern – Relevant to Current & Future Needs
Specify head of Denver Sheriff’s Department is the constitutional Sheriff and is named Sheriff in Charter and ordinances. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November
Allow Manager of Aviation up to 5 discretionary appointments of executive managers. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Change titles of department heads from “Manager” to “Executive Director”. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Eliminate 25% cap on Public Safety Cadets moving into recruit classes. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
Include Division of Real Estate in the Charter as a unit of Dept. of Finance. No Action
Streamline and simplify language to focus on broad functions of each department and standardize level of detail for departments. Further analysis and discussion is required.
Organize Charter by function, rather than department. Further analysis and discussion is required.
Eliminate requirement that Fire Chief be appointed from the classified service and allow classified service candidates to be drawn from any rank. Ask City Council to refer to the ballot in November.
at 4:40 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 28, 2013
- Colorado public bank amendment (2014) revised
- From Mayor Hancock
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 22, 2013
- YET ANOTHER TAX PROPOSAL?
- Yipping and howling, Hentzell coyotes join the fra...
- Confronting the Minotaur - Reflections on the Hent...
- MY OWN "MAKE MY DAY" EXPERIENCE
- Hentzell Park: City's rejection of petition spurs ...
- City Park West Meeting Reminder
- Trayvon Martin Rally at Denver's MLK Circle in Cit...
- Block-by-Block Trash Pickup
- DENVER POLICE AND FIRE SCANNER
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 15, 2013
- TODAY: TRAYVON MARTIN VERDICT PROTEST AT CITY PARK...
- Walkabout - Museum expansion at City Park - July 1...
- Good-bye to City Park in Denver
- On a Clear Day You Can See Hentzell Is a Park
- Walkabout - Black Arts Festival - July 13, 2013
- From Toxic "Dew of Death" to Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Denver Parks Needs Your Help
- City Park West Neighborhood Survey (and upcoming m...
- Denver City Council gets greedy, discusses imposin...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 8, 2013
- Whole Foods Union-Busting - Phil Goodstein - Naysa...
- Denver Citizens say " Put it On the Ballot"
- The Contempt of the Rulers - Phil Goodstein - The ...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 1, 2013
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.