Monday, July 8, 2013
Ed. Note: Jessica needs our help to be selected as a member of the State Licensing Authority working group. Who could possibly be a better choice? Please email as suggested.
If any of y’all would like to support my bid to be a part of Colorado’s A-64 rule making team please email [email protected] and ask please that Jessica LeRoux be chosen for the SLA working group. Thanks, you really only need that one sentence with my name saying you support my candidacy.
I am submitting my application to participate in the SLA process for the rules concerning implementation of A-64. This will be my second letter of intent, I sent a Letter to Barbara Brohl, Laura Harris & Ron Kamerzell back in April/May after attending every task force and legislative work group meeting, when the legislative session was winding down as I felt the group would likely begin immediately (as there is much work to do).
My Name is Jessica LeRoux
I am the Owner of Twirling Hippy Confections founded in mid-2009, and the president of the Colorado Juror Education Project, Current member of the town of Nederland CO A-64 task force, as well as a past member of the Board of Directors of Act4CO.
you can contact me at 303 922 3661 or by email at [email protected] please feel free to reach me with any questions you may have.
Twirling Hippy Confections is the oldest sole proprietorship licensed by Colorado to manufacture edibles, & the 1st to complete MMED renewal of any license for a MIPs this spring! I think my strong record of compliance is a real asset, but most importantly I can maintain timely progress because I understand the promulgation process, being the sole industry member on the original DOR/MMED rule making panel who is still in the business, *with no investigations for violation of MMED rules. I bring needed perspective from small business owners; Most of my clients are family owned and have a single location, not some big slick front range conglomerate insiders eating up the smaller competition due to unfair rules written for them during the promulgation of HB101284. It is very important that the small town owner operator model be given equal consideration to the desires of the large Lobbyist driven conglomerates who represent a mere minority of completed licensees. I personally deliver my company’s products (in the state’s only refrigerated truck dedicated to delivery of medicated products) thereby securing a solid relationship with my rural clients who do not have access to the big city politics up in Denver. I am well known throughout the state for putting the needs and concerns of rural patients and their providers on the legislative map (though we rarely get our voices heard over the din of all the bought -n- paid agendas coming at the industry from every side).
Thank you for considering me for a position in the working groups, I would be honored to once again provide a voice of reason on behalf of the smaller but noticeably more compliant businesses who prioritize paying their fees and following the rules rather than wasting money lobbying for rules to benefit their own profiteering agenda, but not paying to operate legally as many of the biggest operators are the ones who have been playing games with their investor money and not paying the MMED their much needed fees.
Thanks again, Now more than ever y’all really need some credible honest owner operators to represent the industry side without giving the state agency a black eye when they get caught with their pants on fire, please choose me, I wont let you down!
303 922 3661
2145 W Evans
Denver CO 80223
Annotated A-64 rules and other Cannabis news of the week!
** a note from the writer: as I was enjoying some lovely sunshine and free wifi at a friends house and typing up my annotated notes with my beloved dog at my feet a mean tempered hound came over and bit Panama all to hell sending my computer flying from my lap and prompting a 2 hour dash to find an emergency veterinarian. We ended up with a $700 vet bill but the vet was able to put the skin back on, and therefor save his entire leg! I got back to Denver but all my stuff is still at my friends house in the mountains including the pages I was working on… I did manage to settle him in under the desk and we can stay here tonight so he doesnt get bumped and jolted back up the hill… what i did not manage was to save a portion of the newsletter in progress, so Ive redone what I could recall, and plan to get my papers back and begin again on the type up for y’all as well as maybe sending anything else I can recall a bit later this week. Right now I dont have the emotional resources to start over so this is a truncated news letter thanks for reading anyway!
at 8:15 AM
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 28, 2013
- Colorado public bank amendment (2014) revised
- From Mayor Hancock
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 22, 2013
- YET ANOTHER TAX PROPOSAL?
- Yipping and howling, Hentzell coyotes join the fra...
- Confronting the Minotaur - Reflections on the Hent...
- MY OWN "MAKE MY DAY" EXPERIENCE
- Hentzell Park: City's rejection of petition spurs ...
- City Park West Meeting Reminder
- Trayvon Martin Rally at Denver's MLK Circle in Cit...
- Block-by-Block Trash Pickup
- DENVER POLICE AND FIRE SCANNER
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 15, 2013
- TODAY: TRAYVON MARTIN VERDICT PROTEST AT CITY PARK...
- Walkabout - Museum expansion at City Park - July 1...
- Good-bye to City Park in Denver
- On a Clear Day You Can See Hentzell Is a Park
- Walkabout - Black Arts Festival - July 13, 2013
- From Toxic "Dew of Death" to Wildlife Refuge
- Friends of Denver Parks Needs Your Help
- City Park West Neighborhood Survey (and upcoming m...
- Denver City Council gets greedy, discusses imposin...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 8, 2013
- Whole Foods Union-Busting - Phil Goodstein - Naysa...
- Denver Citizens say " Put it On the Ballot"
- The Contempt of the Rulers - Phil Goodstein - The ...
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - July 1, 2013
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.