Saturday, June 8, 2013
Update, June 8:
At the general meeting, INC delegates voted to join the lawsuit as an organization. The vote was 19 in favor, three against, and seven abstentions. INC’s legal liability is limited to $500. Attorney John Case is conducting the lawsuit pro bono (without charge).Prior to the vote, Mayor Michael B. Hancock’s representative, Michael Sapp, warned that “joining the lawsuit would not be good for you (INC).” Those who want to circulate a petition, should contact Renee Lewis at 303-337-2947 (home) or 970-331-6641 (mobile). The organization is also selling neon green “Friends of Denver Parks” T-shirts for $25.
A hearing on a request for temporary injunction is scheduled for next Wednesday. See details at www.friendsofdenverparks.org. Friends of Denver Parks asks you to show your support and concern for this issue by packing the courtroom and attending the hearing.
Many of you have expressed an interest in the progress of Friends Of Denver Parks.Please see the following request from Friends of Denver Parks regarding their effort to repeal the decision regarding the Hentzell Park Land Swap. Current information about the progress of their lawsuit can be found at their website at www.friendsofdenverparks.org
FRIENDS OF DENVER PARKS June 6, 2013www.friendsofdenverparks.orgWE NEED YOUR HELPFriends of Denver Parks, a non-profit corporation dedicated to preserving Denver’s parks, natural areas, and open space, has launched a referendum petition and a lawsuit to reverse the land swap deal in which Denver City officials agreed to trade 10.7 acres of land in southeast Denver for a downtown office building. The land is part of a 90 acre natural area that includes Paul Hentzell Park and Hampden Heights Park North. It is home to deer, fox, coyote, beaver, raccoons, rabbits, prairie dogs, and myriad forms of bird life including red tailed hawks and big horn owls. It includes the historic Cherry Creek Trail which is used by an estimated 2000 bicyclists per week.Section 2.4.5 of the City Charter requires a vote of the people before any sale or transfer of park land may take place. The referendum petition seeks to repeal the ordinance by which the City will transfer the park land. The lawsuit asks Denver District Court to issue a preliminary and permanent injunction barring the transfer altogether. Denver attorney John Case is representing Friends of Denver Parks and two individual plaintiffs on a pro-bono basis.If enough signatures are obtained, voters will decide the issue in the November 2013 election.Funds are needed to support the cost of printing petitions and t-shirts for petition circulatorsPLEASE SEND CONTRIBUTIONS TO: Renee Lewis, President, Friends of Denver Parks, P.O. Box 24323 Denver, CO 80224
1Due to our 501C4 status, anonymous contributions under $50.00 can be accepted. A contributor who sends $50.00 or more must also include his or her name and address. For donations of $200.00 or more, please also include occupation and employer
at 9:30 PM
- The subversion of democracy
- Judge rules against park advocates, refuses to sto...
- Nightmare on Greed Street
- The Friends of Denver Parks denied injunction to s...
- MORE CARCINOGENIC TOXINS ADDED TO PURPLE PIPE WATE...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Public Meeting
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 24, 2013
- The City Park West Neighborhood Association is up ...
- THE MONEY ZONE
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 16, 2013
- Latest news on Hentzell Park hearing - June 14, 20...
- Latest update from Friends of Denver Parks re: Hen...
- AN OBSCENE DEBATE from The Naysayer by Phil Goodst...
- Walkabout at the East High farmers market - June 9...
- No Kill Day is today - City Park Meadows - 3:00 to...
- Denver's Annual Gay Pride Parade - June 16
- Free lunch sites for kids this summer
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 10, 2013
- INC agrees to join Hentzell Park Lawsuit
- Imprisoned by Profit – Taking Action against For-P...
- Keeping an Old House Cool
- Fracking gets real...
- DENVER'S CITY COUNCIL ROLLS ON TOWARD A64 MARIJUAN...
- Denver Parks not so great after all
- Draft Text of Retail Marijuana Local Licensing Ord...
- Haboob (Dust Storm) east of Manzanola, Colorado
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 1, 2013
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.