Thursday, June 6, 2013
Denver’s City Council Special Issues Committee on A64 met Monday, June 3, 2013 to continue the discussion on the implementation of our new (adult or recreational or retail) marijuana regulations. I’m not sure readers have sufficient time to waste on watching these long, boring meetings, but I find them fascinating as a study in how our Council members view their job of “representing” the people in their districts.
This meeting (video provided by Denver Channel 8 here) is broken into 3 parts.
– Part A is the Department of Revenue defending its totally botched job of regulating medical marijuana as described in the recent audit, and their promise to do a better job this time.
– Part B is an unnecessary “straw poll” to “opt in” to the will of the people, and the comments are very revealing.
– Part C is Assistant City Attorney David Broadwell’s first stab at the “implementing” ordinance. See the entire text of this draft previously posted here.
Part A – Dept of Revenue
Part B – Straw Poll to Opt In or Opt Out
Part C – Assistant City Attorney Broadwell’s first draft
at 9:57 AM
- The subversion of democracy
- Judge rules against park advocates, refuses to sto...
- Nightmare on Greed Street
- The Friends of Denver Parks denied injunction to s...
- MORE CARCINOGENIC TOXINS ADDED TO PURPLE PIPE WATE...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Public Meeting
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 24, 2013
- The City Park West Neighborhood Association is up ...
- THE MONEY ZONE
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 16, 2013
- Latest news on Hentzell Park hearing - June 14, 20...
- Latest update from Friends of Denver Parks re: Hen...
- AN OBSCENE DEBATE from The Naysayer by Phil Goodst...
- Walkabout at the East High farmers market - June 9...
- No Kill Day is today - City Park Meadows - 3:00 to...
- Denver's Annual Gay Pride Parade - June 16
- Free lunch sites for kids this summer
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 10, 2013
- INC agrees to join Hentzell Park Lawsuit
- Imprisoned by Profit – Taking Action against For-P...
- Keeping an Old House Cool
- Fracking gets real...
- DENVER'S CITY COUNCIL ROLLS ON TOWARD A64 MARIJUAN...
- Denver Parks not so great after all
- Draft Text of Retail Marijuana Local Licensing Ord...
- Haboob (Dust Storm) east of Manzanola, Colorado
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - June 1, 2013
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.