Saturday, May 11, 2013
12,000 athletes expected at Denver’s community race May 18-19, 2013
May 9, 2013, DENVER– To provide a safe environment for the 2013 Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon, the cities of Aurora, Denver and Lakewood will have temporary traffic impacts along Colfax Avenue on Sunday, May 19, 2013. While travel on Colfax Avenue will be restricted, normal traffic patterns will resume as soon as it’s safe for athletes, spectators and motorists.
Colfax Avenue in Aurora:
The half-marathon course starts at Denver’s City Park, heads east on Montview Avenue to Yosemite Street in Aurora, continues south to East 17th Avenue, then East to Galena Street, then south to 16th Avenue, west to Del Mar Parkway, north to East 17th Avenue, then returns west to Dayton, south to Colfax, west on Colfax to Oneida, north to East 17th Avenue, west on 17th back to Denver’s City Park.
Colfax Avenue in Denver:
Colfax Avenue in Lakewood:
This year’s marathon route in Lakewood will take runners along West Colfax, turning north on Pierce Street, traveling through Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, returning to Pierce Street and heading north to West 20th Avenue. The runners return to Colfax Avenue at Glen Moor Drive, heading east, remaining in the westbound lanes of Colfax Avenue.
The last runner will be off of Colfax Avenue in Lakewood at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Colfax Avenue will be cleaned and swept immediately following the passage of runners.
For detailed information on Lakewood traffic, please visit the City website at http://www.lakewood.org/colfaxmarathon/
The marathon will cause delays on RTD routes that run on and/or cross Colfax Avenue. Riders are encouraged to contact RTD directly for full details by calling (303) 299-6000 or visiting www.RTD-Denver.com under Detours and Alerts.
Course maps can be found online:
High res EPS files can be downloaded here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wp5bwv52nqjegvr/MivS6-2Aq2
The Half Marathon course map http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/denver-co/colfax-half-marathon-route-182015214
Please note: The Kaiser Permanente Colfax Marathon’s 13.1 mile Half Marathon is sold out! Six thousand runners have registered for the race’s most popular event on Sunday, May 19, 2013, reaching the cap placed on the inaugural run through the zoo. The Colfax Half Marathon is the only race in Denver to run through Denver Zoo, and runners registered in record numbers to take part in it.
at 3:35 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Bicycle accident leaves videographer in coma
- SAVE HENTZELL PARK
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 27, 2013
- Rally, march, flash mob this Sunday, May 26th
- HEADS UP: from Jessica LeRoux
- Block Party this Sunday
- Denver Day of Rock
- Landmark Training on Colorado's New Marijuana Laws...
- HANDS ON HEMP - HEMP HISTORY WEEK KICK-OFF!!
- Mayor Hancock's latest opinion on pot
- Live streaming of A64 Business Symposium right now...
- Right-click and print out - take to grocery store ...
- House renews ban on Piñon Canyon expansion
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 13, 2013
- Colfax Marathon 2013 Traffic and Road Closure Inf...
- Pot Law Postmortem
- Free Youth Fishing Fest on the Canyon Lakes Ranger...
- Second Annual Safety Expo - Saturday May 18th
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 10, 2013
- Community Garden Day this Saturday, May 11
- Colorado Senate going crazy adding amendments to H...
- I call bullshit on Channel 31 pot-burglary hype
- Is The Denver Post website infected this morning?
- Where can I buy Twirling Hippy Confections?
- More things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 3, 2013
- "I am the Revolution" the latest slam poetry from ...
- .HB13-1317 - Senator Jahn - Implement Amendment 64...
- REAL TIME: CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE NEARS RESIDENTIAL A...
- OLD GLOBEVILLE DAYS
- Colorado Boulevard Healthcare District meets today...
- HANCOCK IN THE WILD
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.