Friday, May 10, 2013
Announcing CO-JEP the Colorado Juror Education Project…
Taking the jeopardy out of legal cannabis consumption. We are gonna take the profits out of selective persecution, and put the expenses back on the state until these laws are removed from the CO criminal code.
As you may already know A-64 has had some devastating consequences when Colorado legislators applied their interpretations to the so-called “like alcohol” regulation of cannabis, including an extremely unscientific blood nanogram limit as proof of impairment, and creating felons of person’s who’s ounce weighs one gram over the limit…
If a law is unjust a juror is not required to convict a defendant. It only takes one juror with a strong seed of doubt to nullify a jury. WE are gonna work like hell to spread those seeds of doubt on the science and the so-called justice… CO-JEP will be traveling the entire state doing educational outreach like speaking on campuses and at retirement homes, elks clubs, concerts and community events, and any other location that will give us a table to stand behind and registered voters to speak with.
Additionally we will be working on identifying candidates who promoted a LEOs for profit agenda with their votes in the legislature and identifying fresh faces to run against these charlatans in the primary elections, as the general elections are already screwed by partisan gerrymandering. DO YOU want to be a candidate? Join Us… Do you want to be a community contact point for your area, JOIN US! Do you know of a place that needs speakers for events, ask me! Can you provide ink and a printer for making literature? That would be a big help… Can we host a meeting for your area at your coffee shop, office or home? Do you know people in other parts of the state who would like to help?
Most importantly do you feel that with some intensive training you would be willing and able to be an expert witness that could be called to the stand to help a defendant show how unscientific the nanogram limit is? We will provide free training and hopefully cover expenses for any member who can go to court, get up and speak, and help that educated juror nullify a DUID trial.
We will be making literature to distribute at the point of sale, advising DUID defendants on going to jury trial, as well as literature that will hopefully be available to any potential juror in the state. I need young people to work the campuses and make sure our literature is ALWAYS available.
We need somebody finding community events to participate in, from a table at the farmers market to a booth at a festival, everybody that is a registered voter is a potential juror, and volunteers to man those events…
We need to be a statewide coalition of people of all ages, all ethnicity, all incomes etc…
If I am sending this to you it means you have said something to me about wanting to get involved, our your actions have shown me that you are willing to come out and participate in improving cannabis use and accessibility in CO. If you have a friend who would join and be productive by all means forward this email to that person.
Im hoping to schedule a meeting for the week of 5/20 so let me know a date/time that might work and I will do my best to get everybody who is interested in one place at one time, with tech support to allow participation by those who are not located in the city…
I hope you are ready to tackle more work on behalf of the quasi-legal kurfuffle colorado has left cannabis in…
Twirling Hippy Confections
2145 W Evans, Denver CO
303 922 3661
Call me if you have any questions….
at 7:46 AM
- Bicycle accident leaves videographer in coma
- SAVE HENTZELL PARK
- ALL THINGS MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 27, 2013
- Rally, march, flash mob this Sunday, May 26th
- HEADS UP: from Jessica LeRoux
- Block Party this Sunday
- Denver Day of Rock
- Landmark Training on Colorado's New Marijuana Laws...
- HANDS ON HEMP - HEMP HISTORY WEEK KICK-OFF!!
- Mayor Hancock's latest opinion on pot
- Live streaming of A64 Business Symposium right now...
- Right-click and print out - take to grocery store ...
- House renews ban on Piñon Canyon expansion
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 13, 2013
- Colfax Marathon 2013 Traffic and Road Closure Inf...
- Pot Law Postmortem
- Free Youth Fishing Fest on the Canyon Lakes Ranger...
- Second Annual Safety Expo - Saturday May 18th
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 10, 2013
- Community Garden Day this Saturday, May 11
- Colorado Senate going crazy adding amendments to H...
- I call bullshit on Channel 31 pot-burglary hype
- Is The Denver Post website infected this morning?
- Where can I buy Twirling Hippy Confections?
- More things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - May 3, 2013
- "I am the Revolution" the latest slam poetry from ...
- .HB13-1317 - Senator Jahn - Implement Amendment 64...
- REAL TIME: CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE NEARS RESIDENTIAL A...
- OLD GLOBEVILLE DAYS
- Colorado Boulevard Healthcare District meets today...
- HANCOCK IN THE WILD
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.