Friday, April 5, 2013
Opinion by Gerald Trumbule
See Denver Business Journal article here
Remember when U.S. Senator Michael Bennet was Superintendent of Denver’s Public Schools? Remember the ill conceived bond/swap deal he got us into then? That’s right, the one we had to pay $42,000,000 (in 2011) to the banksters (JPMorgan Chase) in termination fees to get rid of half of it?
Well, here comes the second half.
It’s now going to cost us (DPS) $124,000,000 to get rid of the last half of this steaming pile of groat cakes. So it looks like Bennet, brain-child of Billionaire Anschutz, cost DPS $166,000,000 so far (and that’s to say nothing of the interest that will be paid over the years). That’s a big bite in our collective ass.
Didn’t we just vote to raise our property taxes to give more money to DPS? (My personal tax liability went up $1,000 this year as a direct result.) I guess I see now why they needed the money. Bennet, the Bagman, had arranged to deliver more money to the banksters.
Bennet beat Andrew Romanoff to win his current Senate seat. Why did we elect a Bagman? Oh, that’s right…Obama’s boy.
at 5:54 PM
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - April 29, 2013...
- Catch up with movement to create a public bank for...
- Playground project turns into City Park redo.
- Kea's Kwips: "What? It was here when I came in."
- The Naysayer by Phil Goodstein - May, 2013
- Colorado Mandatory Reporting Requirements Regardin...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - April 23, 2013...
- Senator Pat Steadman invites everyone to a town ha...
- DPS and Hentzell Park
- Westword has the best slide shows ever
- A Drought Update for Denver Water Customers
- Denver Post BigPix produces interesting closeups
- Walkabout at the Capitol for the annual Cowboy BBQ...
- Its Colorado's 1st legal 4/20 - from Jessica LeRou...
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE AT THE DENVER DEMS SPAGHETTI DI...
- Archdiocese Breaks Vow with Denver Dems
- NOT EXACTLY WHAT THE VOTERS HAD IN MIND
- FREE THE POT PRISONERS
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - April 7, 2013 ...
- BENNET'S BOND BOONDOGGLE BITES BACK
- CAMPING BAN PROVES COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AND CRUEL
- Real-time audio of Joint Select Committee on the I...
- DPS answers to Ortega's questions re Hentzell Park...
- Denver City Council's "disgraceful vote" on Hentze...
- Felice to City Council: Write a better story.
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.