Wednesday, March 27, 2013
The proposed land swap between the City and County of Denver and Denver Public Schools that has been a point of controversy for months finally heads to Denver’s City Council April 1. INC PARC encourages your attendance at this meeting if at all possible.
On March 26 an email letter was sent to Manager Lauri Dannemiller. At this time no response has been received.
See letter below:
March 26, 2013
To: Lauri Dannemiller
Manager of Parks and Recreation
From: INC Parks and Recreation Committee
We request the announcement for the four public meetings of the Outdoor
Fee-Based Policy be redistributed and better reflect what is being presented at
the meetings and what DPR wants in the way of feedback. Even the picture on the
announcement seems confusing and misleading. At the INC meeting, March 19, the
policy was not available on the Parks website. A draft policy should be
available on line before the public meetings and with sufficient time for people
to read and evaluate the policy to obtain feedback requested by DPR. The
announcement does not direct the public to the policy nor does it have an
address to find the policy on line.
We question the clarity of the policy title. It was referred to as a Commercial
Use Policy during the stakeholders’ meetings and when you came to our meeting.
We believe Commercial Use Policy better represents the intent and what is
contained in the policy. With the title of Outdoor Fee-Based Policy one is
lead to believe fees will be discussed and is the focus. Will a fee structure
be discussed at these meetings?
We question what will be done with the feedback received. What flexibility is
there in making changes to the policy before it is adopted?
The Commercial Use Policy for Denver Parks is a major change in how our parks
will be viewed by businesses and users. The impact to park users will be
significant. A clarification as soon as possible of the policy and what will be
done with the feedback is crucial to have a transparent and open public process.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Co-Chairs INC Parks and Rec. Committee
at 6:15 PM
- Leading the way
- Former Councilwoman Donohue's open letter to curre...
- INC asks for Denver Parks and Rec for clarificatio...
- The Vern Wagner Saga: Sentencing Hearing - March 2...
- City Park Super Playground Meeting notes
- Your legislators at work on A64 - listen in now (1...
- Inside Deal
- Denver Police Survey
- Community Town Hall on The School Finance Act
- No More TCAP - Student protest - March 14, 2013
- Do you live in Stapleton?
- FORCED SEXUAL ASSAULT AT 13TH & EMERSON
- Denver Councilwoman Kniech on Hentzell Vote
- Complaint filed against Denver School Board
- Student Walkout Tomorrow
- Update on All Things A64 by Jessica LeRoux - March...
- Big News! $447,000 for Globeville, Elyria and Swan...
- DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS Interdepartmental Communicat...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - March 11, 201...
- Don't Frack My Mother
- REPORT FROM THE STREETS
- Senior Day at the Capitol
- REASONS FOR HENTZELL PARK LAND GIVE-AWAY ARE INVAL...
- Ethics panel sees conflict of interest in parks bo...
- The Vern Wagner Saga - A modern-day Western of one...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - March 4, 2013...
- Town Hall - Fracking - March 13
- Visual record of demonstration against police brut...
- Short journey through toxic air in Denver today
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.