Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Dear Denver Citizens,
You are probably aware that we have been making a great deal of changes in the Denver Police Department. I can assure you, that although some are questioned, they are all made to create a department focused on preventing crime. This will make Denver an even better place to live than it is now!
One of the important changes we have been working on is transparency. I know that a community cannot fully trust and engage with its police department unless it can have full trust that decisions and actions are made for the right reasons; and that when mistakes are made, we own up to them and tell you.
Trust is achieved through transparency – and for transparency to work, there must be an exchange between the police and the community.
I have released a short survey I am hoping you will complete. The questions are taken from a similar National Survey (used to measure cities against one another). These questions are specifically related to feelings people have about safety in Denver. I view that as a critical responsibility of a police department. We will use these results to better adapt our police response and better understand how people who live and work in Denver feel.
For this to be successful, we need a large sample of people to complete the short 3-minute survey. I am asking that you take the survey and share it with people you know. It will truly help make both the police department and city of Denver better. Take the survey here:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7PPL26C (Ed. note: Now closed)
Robert C White
Chief of Police
Joe A. Montoya
Denver Police Department
Commander District Three
E-Mail: [email protected]
at 6:04 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) Editor@DenverDirect.tv
- Leading the way
- Former Councilwoman Donohue's open letter to curre...
- INC asks for Denver Parks and Rec for clarificatio...
- The Vern Wagner Saga: Sentencing Hearing - March 2...
- City Park Super Playground Meeting notes
- Your legislators at work on A64 - listen in now (1...
- Inside Deal
- Denver Police Survey
- Community Town Hall on The School Finance Act
- No More TCAP - Student protest - March 14, 2013
- Do you live in Stapleton?
- FORCED SEXUAL ASSAULT AT 13TH & EMERSON
- Denver Councilwoman Kniech on Hentzell Vote
- Complaint filed against Denver School Board
- Student Walkout Tomorrow
- Update on All Things A64 by Jessica LeRoux - March...
- Big News! $447,000 for Globeville, Elyria and Swan...
- DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS Interdepartmental Communicat...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - March 11, 201...
- Don't Frack My Mother
- REPORT FROM THE STREETS
- Senior Day at the Capitol
- REASONS FOR HENTZELL PARK LAND GIVE-AWAY ARE INVAL...
- Ethics panel sees conflict of interest in parks bo...
- The Vern Wagner Saga - A modern-day Western of one...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - March 4, 2013...
- Town Hall - Fracking - March 13
- Visual record of demonstration against police brut...
- Short journey through toxic air in Denver today
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.