Friday, February 8, 2013
(link to self-help center for Colorado rules and law, case filing requirements, available services in Colorado and general information to assist you in representing yourself in court matters)
Fair Housing Hotline at the Colorado Commission for the Homeless
303-296-6949/Phone for Housing Discrimination
(discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, gender – in renting and housing, including allegations of steering potential buyers)
Colorado Civil Rights Division
1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80202
(assures that all persons are afforded the equal protection of the law and provides information on filing charges)
Veteran’s Services Officer (VSO)
2855 Tremont Pl., Denver, CO 80205
1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
(provides veterans and their families with all eligible veteran benefits)
* Colorado Commission on Judicial Discipline
1560 Broadway, Suite 1850, Denver, CO 80203
(investigates judicial misconduct CCJD has no jurisdiction over
Denver Municipal or county court judges. Complaints against these
judges go to the mayors of the respective cities)
* Colorado Legal Services – Denver Office
1905 Sherman Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80203
(provides access to self help legal information, free or low cost legal
service providers, court information and helpful resources)
The Center’s Legal Initiatives Project (CLIP)
1050 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203
Mailing Address: P.O.BOX 9798, Denver, CO 80209-0798
Telephone No. CLIP/Legal Hotline: 303-282-6524
Telephone No. GLBT: 303-733-7743
Fax No. GLBT: 303-282-9399
(CLIP offers legal advocacy and referrals for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community, those living with HIV, provides support groups, health & wellness including Hepatitis vaccinations, HIV/AIDS prevention, lesbian cancer support services)
The Denver Center for Crime Victims
P.O.Box 18975, Denver, CO 80218
303-894-8000 (General Hotline) / 303-718-8289 (para Espanol)
(provides information and referrals, assistance with emergency services, advocacy, crisis counseling, community outreach, education, senior citizens and disability programs, and family programs for crime victims)
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
2111 Champa Street, Denver, CO 80204
(provides education, advocacy, and improved services for the
* Community Housing Services, Inc.
1212 Mariposa Street, Denver, CO 80204
(provides housing resources and information, landlord-tenant issues,
court assistance and public education)
* Colorado Supreme Court Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel
1560 Broadway, Suite 1800, Denver, CO 80202
303-866-6400/Phone, 1-877-888-1370 (toll free)
(provides support for those who wish to file complaints about attorney
* Denver Anti Discrimination Office
201 West Colfax Ave., Dept. 1102, Denver, CO 80202
(investigates complaints regarding discrimination in employment,
housing, private educational institutions, private health and welfare
Denver Bar Association
1900 Grant St. Denver, CO 80202
303-860-1115/Phone, 800-332-6736/Toll-Free Hotline
(click on the legal Resource Directory to access resources)
City Service Information
Email: [email protected]
Colorado Aids Project
2490 W. 26th Ave, Bldg. A, suite 300
Mailing Address: P.O.Box 48120, Denver, CO 80204
(provides services for anyone with an HIV or AIDS diagnosis is eligible for services and referrals, housing, food bank, testing)
Domestic Violence Initiative for Women with Disabilities
P.O.Box 300535, Denver, CO 80203
(provides support regarding domestic violence, disability education information/referral, small financial aid and court accompaniment for women 18 and older who have experienced physical, emotional and sexual abuse)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
303 E. 17th Ave., Suite 510, Denver, CO 80203
1-800-669-4000 (toll free), 303-866-1085/Fax
(investigates allegations of employment discrimination. EEOC attempts to conciliate the charge between the parties. If conciliation fails, EEOC may bring suit)
* Colorado Department of Labor & Employment Standards
Wage Claims – 1515 Arapahoe, Tower 2, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80202
(provides employment services, workers compensation, labor standards,
veterans services, unemployment benefits, and investigation and
Gender Identity Center of Colorado
3985 Upham St. Suite 40 Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033
(provides support information and other resources to transvestites, transsexuals and other having non-traditional gender identities) Note:Evenings Only M,T, F, S 7:30 – 9:30p.m.
Saturdays between 4pm – 6:30pm
(Free service where callers can ask questions and receive answers from attorneys. Weekly there are ‘hot topic’ issues – check the website for further information)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
2823 Fairfax St, Denver CO, 80207
(Helps protect civil rights of African Americans and other minorities through advocacy)
* The Legal Center for People with Disabilities & Older People
455 Sherman, Suite 130, Denver, CO 80203-4403
(protection and legal advocacy for elderly persons and persons with
* Legal Night at Mi Casa
Third Tuesday of the Month from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
360 Acoma St., Denver, CO 80223
(No charge, free consultation. Meet with an attorney and get
information regarding legal questions including: immigration, credit,
housing, landlords, employment issues and family law)
Civil Oversight Board
201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 1201, Denver, CO 80202
(reviews policy, conducts investigations regarding program
implementation and complaints against Denver Police Sheriff
Department policy and recommends changes)
* Legal Night at Five Points
First Wednesday of the month from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
2830 Lawrence St., Denver, CO 80205
303-297-8696 (Spanish) or 303-523-1268 (English)
Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition
1212 Mariposa St., #6, Denver CO 80204
(CCJRC is a diverse statewide coalition of individuals, organizations and faith communities united to reverse the excessive use of incarceration and halt the privatization of prisons in Colorado)
* Catholic Charities Archdioceses Denver – Immigration
Services – 4045 Pecos Street Denver, CO 80211
(provides consultations, attorney representation, translations,
citizenship preparation classes and help with visas to persons with legal
claims to status in the United States)
* Mile High United Way
2505 18th St., Denver, CO 80211
303-433-8383/Phone, or dial 211, 303-455-6462/Fax
(telephone referral service including information on senior services,
counseling, transportation, health services, victim’s assistance, legal
help, food, shelter, money and other services)
*Colorado Department of Education
201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80203
(resources for students, parents and educators)
Colorado – CURE
3470 S. Poplar St., Suite 406, Denver, CO 80224
(provides rehabilitative opportunities for prisoners and ex-prisoners)
* Plaintiff Employment Lawyers Association
(nonprofit organization which supports the rights of employees and
provides names of lawyers who specialize in employment law)
at 4:46 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Parks and Rec calls for volunteers at contaminated...
- DeHerrera Family to Demand Answers at Mayor's Offi...
- The Naysayer - by Phil Goodstein - March, 2013
- Denver Cops Still Busting the Homeless
- Latest A64 Information from Colorado Dept. of Reve...
- Forum on Hentzell Park - Saturday, Feb. 23
- Sen. Aguilar’s Cooperative bill introduction delay...
- Live Infotainment on this Holiday (10:40 am)
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - February 18, 2...
- Forum on Hentzell Park Natural Area Land Swap - Sa...
- Denver Bond Promises Not Kept – Mayor Hancock and ...
- Gun regs debate live from Colorado House
- More from Fairplay, Colorado
- Colorado Gov. Hick on drinking fracking fluid
- Pinon Canyon Buy-back?
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - February 13, 2...
- Denver City Council gearing up for marijuana regul...
- Park advocates urge mayor to keep Hentzell Natural...
- Historian Goodstein weighs in on Hentzell Park
- LATINO COMMUNITY MEMBERS PROTEST ABSENCE OF LATINO...
- Legal resources
- More information on status of Denver parks
- Part 3 - Walkabout - November 3, 2012 - Lowry Bomb...
- Part 2 - Walkabout - November 3, 2012 - Lowry Bomb...
- Part 1 - Walkabout - November 3, 2012 - Lowry Bomb...
- Hentzell Park needs you
- DPS22 Denver Public Schools Board of Education Mtg...
- Denver School Board is a dysfunctional mess
- Two Denver firms combine resources to offer busine...
- Constant vigilance required
- DPS22 Denver Public Schools Board of Education Mtg...
- All Things A64 with Jessica LeRoux - February 3, 2...
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.