Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Thanks to Councilwoman Susan Shepherd for restoring (7 to 6 vote) our private property rights that the Robb Amendment was set to take away. Now you can smoke pot on your front porch or backyard even if it can be seen from public property. Big whoopee!
But be aware that there are at least three additional last-minute amendments lurking in the future. Ortega (schools/1000 ft), Brooks (19 year-olds) and ??. Final hearing on Dec 23, but we will know before then what they will try to pull over on us. Constant vigilance people, it’s the price we pay.
from DP here:
Now, Councilwoman Debbie Ortega plans to offer a new proposal that would ban smoking anywhere within 1,000 feet of a school, because clearly, if you live near a school, your dwelling doesn’t count as private property.
The bigger problem is the paternalistic mindset on the council itself. If the Denver City Council holds the power to ban people from smoking marijuana on their private property because some people disapprove of that lifestyle, what will prevent the them from banning people from smoking cigarettes or cigars, drinking alcohol, engaging in kissing, or even holding hands if enough people disapprove of their lifestyle? It may seem far-fatched, but the town of San Rafael, Calif. recently took things a step further and banned smoking in all homes that share walls with other residences.
at 12:23 PM
- NEW HOPE FOR 2014
- Attorney forges on in battle to protect Denver par...
- HIGH SCHOOL ASSASSINS - by Phil Goodstein - Naysay...
- MARIJUANA DESTROYS THE BRAIN by Phil Goodstein - N...
- AND THE ANSWER IS....
- Merry Christmas - Family gets $10,000 for expense ...
- DID YOU KNOW?
- COLORADO'S SEPARATED FIRST COUPLE SENDS WEIRDEST C...
- WOW! DENVER CITY COUNCIL HAS ITS OWN BLOG
- CAN WE AT LEAST SEE WHAT THE TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNER...
- LIST OF LICENSED RETAIL MARIJUANA STORES (SO FAR)...
- Final shout out of 2013, last call for cake! - Je...
- Mayor Hancock and our Parks
- Dustin Redd Playground Redesign Redux
- DPR: CITY PARK "SILLY" LOOP ON HOLD
- THE ABDUCTION OF A DENVER PARK
- YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT...
- A SCHOOL IS NOT A DOT
- ON BEHALF OF MMJ PATIENTS
- WHAT IS LEFT OF YOUR "LEGALIZED" MARIJUANA
- MISINFORMATION ON OUTDOOR POT GROWING IN COLORADO
- Break-ins - City Park West
- DENVER LIQUOR LICENSES
- StopCityLoop Meeting with Denver Parks & Recreatio...
- THC NEWSLETTER by Jessica LeRoux - December 8, 201...
- (Not Too) Smart Colorado
- REPEAL THE URBAN CAMPING BAN
- HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A TELEPHONE TOWN HALL MEETING?...
- CRIME ALERT - 16TH AND PEARL
- TPP MUST BE STOPPED
- FOOD AND CLOTHING DROP OFF AT CIVIC CENTER PARK - ...
- CLOSE GITMO
- NAYSAYER, DECEMBER, 2013 by Phil Goodstein
- Denver's Public Art
- FRONT PORCH LIBERATED
- UPDATE: WE WON! Citizens speaking against private...
- DENVER POLICE CHIEF WHITE TESTIMONY ON ROBB AMENDM...
- "PUBLIC PROPERTY" NOW INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU CAN ...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.