Monday, November 4, 2013
Customers who park their plug-in electric vehicles in the east and west parking garages at Denver International Airport (DIA) can now charge up at one of 10 new electric vehicle charging stations.
The charging stations, which were officially opened to the public today, are free to customers who pay to park in the garages. The chargers are compatible with most electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, including popular models such as the Chevy Volt, the Nissan Leaf and the plug-in version of the Toyota Prius.
“Denver International Airport is already one of the most environmentally friendly airports in the world,” said Kim Day, Denver’s Manager of Aviation. “These new charging stations are a continuation of our commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship. At the same time, we’re addressing the evolving needs of our customers by adding a safe, convenient way for them to charge their electric vehicles at the airport.”
Five charging stations are located in each parking garage on level 1 between rows E and F. Illinois-based Telefonix, Inc. was selected as the winner of the competitive bidding process to provide the charging stations. The spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
at 8:11 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- NEWS MEDIA NEGLIGENT, PUBLIC UNINFORMED ABOUT TREA...
- THE SHRINKING OF PUBLIC OPEN SPACE
- WE WAS "ROBB"ED
- THC NEWSLETTER UPDATE from JESSICA LEROUX - Novemb...
- THE MYTH OF PUBLIC INPUT: ONE HOUR COURTESY PUBLIC...
- GOOSE POOP IN THE LOOP? Bright blue plastic tubing...
- Twenty story buildings - Sloans Lake
- Bad Breaking News
- STOP THE UGLY!
- THE SUNSHINE FOOD PROJECT - IN OUR 'HOOD
- Don't forget - Large Item Pickup is only once ever...
- MORE LOOPY CITY PARK PLAN
- In memory of Edward F. Trumbule - born Nov. 13, 19...
- LOOPY HANCOCK PLAN FOR CITY PARK
- THC NEWSLETTER by Jessica LeRoux - November 11, 20...
- Congressional oversight of foreign trade is essent...
- DMV NEWS
- CLASS: GROWING MEDICINE UNDER ANY CONDITIONS
- WE ARE DENVER
- FORMER CITY OFFICIAL FILES ETHICS CHARGE AGAINST P...
- PERLMUTTER ON TPP
- Denver International Airport Opens 10 Electric Veh...
- MILLION MASK MARCH - November 5, 2013
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.