Saturday, September 8, 2012
Insiders Say Hancock Already Has Seven Council Votes For Tax Breaks;Trader Joe’s Denies Plans To Come To Denver
by Laura Lieff
Notwithstanding adamant neighborhood opposition city insiders say that the Walmart development will go through and that Fuqua Development will receive substantial tax subsidies. Denver Mayor Michael Hancock is reported to already have in his back pocket a majority of council members (seven out of 13) for the highly controversial tax rebates. (emphasis added)
Neighborhood groups nonetheless fight on against a project which they believe will substantially diminish property values in all of the neighborhoods near 9th and Colorado. In mid-August Congress Park Neighbors, Inc. held a neighborhood assembly where 89 percent of the voting residents voted to oppose the Fuqua/Walmart development. (Read entire article here).
at 4:37 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 30, 201...
- 'ELEPHANT' TO BE CHAINED TO GROUND AS RINGLING BRI...
- Denver's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon - Sept 22, 2012
- Fair Food and Farmworker Justice at Chipotle Festi...
- October Naysayer by Phil Goodstein
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 24, 201...
- Rock 'n' Roll Marathon today, Sat., 9-22-12
- Breaking news on proposed Walmart at 9th and Color...
- The Fix is In
- The Legacy of Michael Bennet, our Senator
- Gov. Hickenlooper Longmont visit draws oil, gas pr...
- Aurora Schools Tax Hike - Because they are entitle...
- The “bad for children” argument against legalizing...
- Ballot Issues Forum September 24
- Urban Drool
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 17, 201...
- "We are unstoppable, another world is possible"
- Live Stream from NYC
- Denver City Councilwoman Faatz does a survey of he...
- Benefit for the Whiteclay Legal Support Fund
- Tell Gov Hickenlooper not to sue Longmont for prot...
- 2012 Ballot Issues
- Editorial: Why Denver Citizens Groups Always Seem ...
- Farmworkers protest Denver Chipotle festival
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept 9, 2012
- Walmart Rolls Over Neighborhood Groups
- Last Minute News
- Time for Urbanites to Weigh in on Chatfield
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 3, 2012...
- The Walmart Debate Comes to INC
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.