Tuesday, September 18, 2012
All registered neighborhood organizations are encouraged to invite all of their, members to attend this forum about several important ballot issues for the November 6 election.
Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation, the League of Women Voters of Denver and Denver 8 TV will present a ballot issues forum on Monday September 24 at Montview Presbyterian Church (Fellowship Hall), 1980 Dahlia Street. Snacks will be available at 5:30pm and the program will begin at 6:00.
The first hour of the forum will present pro and con speakers about:
• Denver Ballot Issue 2A – will allow the city to retain $68 million in taxes that would otherwise need to be refunded under the Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights and apply the funds to add new police recruits, replace many city vehicles and restore public library hours.
• Denver Ballot Issues 3A and 3B – the Denver Public Schools $466 million bond issue and $49 million mill levy proposals.
Denver 8 TV will videotape the discussion and televise it several times before the election.
Following a short intermission, League members will present the pros and cons of the state ballot measure to legalize a small amount of marijuana, a proposed federal constitutional amendment to limit campaign contributions and changes to the state personnel system.
at 5:04 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 30, 201...
- 'ELEPHANT' TO BE CHAINED TO GROUND AS RINGLING BRI...
- Denver's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon - Sept 22, 2012
- Fair Food and Farmworker Justice at Chipotle Festi...
- October Naysayer by Phil Goodstein
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 24, 201...
- Rock 'n' Roll Marathon today, Sat., 9-22-12
- Breaking news on proposed Walmart at 9th and Color...
- The Fix is In
- The Legacy of Michael Bennet, our Senator
- Gov. Hickenlooper Longmont visit draws oil, gas pr...
- Aurora Schools Tax Hike - Because they are entitle...
- The “bad for children” argument against legalizing...
- Ballot Issues Forum September 24
- Urban Drool
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 17, 201...
- "We are unstoppable, another world is possible"
- Live Stream from NYC
- Denver City Councilwoman Faatz does a survey of he...
- Benefit for the Whiteclay Legal Support Fund
- Tell Gov Hickenlooper not to sue Longmont for prot...
- 2012 Ballot Issues
- Editorial: Why Denver Citizens Groups Always Seem ...
- Farmworkers protest Denver Chipotle festival
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept 9, 2012
- Walmart Rolls Over Neighborhood Groups
- Last Minute News
- Time for Urbanites to Weigh in on Chatfield
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - Sept. 3, 2012...
- The Walmart Debate Comes to INC
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.