Tuesday, March 27, 2012
A pattern of activities by the Denver Police Department including: appointments of all-male leadership to the Chief and Deputy Chief positions; the violent assault of Latina women by police in the Denver Diner case; the brutal beating of two young gay men of color in Lodo; and the demotion of a prominent woman of color division chief who championed gender and racial responsiveness within the department have raised significant community concerns about fairness and gender equity within DPD.
A group of professional women, grassroots organizers and allies are mobilizing to ensure that gender justice is not left to chance within the leadership and practices of the Denver Police Department. We are holding an organizing meeting this Friday evening. If you are interested in joining us, please respond to [email protected] for the time and place.
at 2:53 PM
- Hotel workers get contract back
- Abolish Private Prisons in Colorado
- Walkabout - March 27, 2012
- PROMOTE GENDER EQUITY and JUSTICE WITHIN THE DENVE...
- Open letter to Denver Councilwoman Kniech from Tom...
- Backstage Past - book review by Phil Goodstein
- People's Fair Auditions - Free
- Personal Observations: Testifying before Committe...
- The man Al Gore refuses to debate will be in Denve...
- Serious negative effects on CenturyLink's customer...
- New Obama Executive Order Allows Slavery
- Civic Center Park closures
- Denver Police & Crime Stoppers teaming up to get i...
- Lynn Bartels tweeting from the Capitol
- March 12th Rally to Protect Women’s Health
- A Public Statement to the Parks and Recreation Adv...
- From NORML
- Congratulations Sen. Mike Johnston
- He's an Old Cowhand
- The explanation
- Women's self-defense class
- What I haven't heard in Colorado's discussion of s...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.