Monday, November 19, 2012
|Photo – Kathleen Lavine – Denver Business Journal|
Do you follow the activities of our Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler? If so, you know he is quite a colorful guy. No, seriously, his face is said to turn various colors when he gets emotional, i.e. angry. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just another form of body language.
Now, he’s slashing fees like a bush-whacker in the thicket. How can he do this when other agencies are raising fees, in some cases drastically, citing rising agency costs?
I’m not beyond imagining a few hypotheses: Is he trying to prove that he can do anything he wants in the SoS office? Is this for publicity? Did he really get such savings that he can cut fees by 99% and still run the his office (did he run projections or audits)? Will this create an amazing jobs-boosting bump?
I had heard that he wanted to spend $700,000 on a new elections software package. He says he’s putting more stuff online. I don’t know if these are related to the great fee-slashing or not, but maybe he can explain his magic to the other fee-raising departments.
at 6:06 PM
- Walkabout - November 24, 2012
- Citizens Document Prairie Dog Poison on Playground...
- City officials try to quiet opposition to park dea...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 25, 2...
- The Six-Plant Loophole
- What's up with Scott Gessler, Colorado's Colorful ...
- Text of Colorado Amendment 64 as enacted
- HUD funding list in Denver
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 18, 2...
- No more email to Hickenlooper (use his website ins...
- Tax increase dangerous to homeowners and small bus...
- Congrats to Dean Ormiston, Baca County's New Commi...
- No Denver Ballpark Garage
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 10, ...
- Take a survey, get a free week
- Parks Board delays vote, seeks more information
- Our guy - Sen. Mike Johnston - District 33
- NUNS ON THE BUS TOUR
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 4, 2...
- Stabbing at 13th and Pennsylvania
- City-School Property Trade Questionable
- Report on Land Swap Deal Meeting
- The senior director of bonds and construction at D...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.