Thursday, November 1, 2012
The senior director of bonds and construction at Denver Public Schools – J.T. (James) Allen – has a conflict of interest.
|James T. Allen|
The school district has a building at 1330 Fox downtown. The city wants the building. DPS proposes to swap the building with the city for nine acres of park land in southeast Denver.
Allen is a manager for the deal.
But Allen is also the school district’s representative on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB).
The PRAB is supposed to make a recommendation to the Manager of Parks and Recreation on accepting the deal. As a member of the Advisory Board, Allen would vote on recommending the same deal in which he is involved.
At best, Allen should take an immediate leave of absence from the Parks Board. At the very least, he should not be involved in either the discussions or the vote on the property swap. Anything less is unethical.
at 1:01 PM
- Walkabout - November 24, 2012
- Citizens Document Prairie Dog Poison on Playground...
- City officials try to quiet opposition to park dea...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 25, 2...
- The Six-Plant Loophole
- What's up with Scott Gessler, Colorado's Colorful ...
- Text of Colorado Amendment 64 as enacted
- HUD funding list in Denver
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 18, 2...
- No more email to Hickenlooper (use his website ins...
- Tax increase dangerous to homeowners and small bus...
- Congrats to Dean Ormiston, Baca County's New Commi...
- No Denver Ballpark Garage
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 10, ...
- Take a survey, get a free week
- Parks Board delays vote, seeks more information
- Our guy - Sen. Mike Johnston - District 33
- NUNS ON THE BUS TOUR
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 4, 2...
- Stabbing at 13th and Pennsylvania
- City-School Property Trade Questionable
- Report on Land Swap Deal Meeting
- The senior director of bonds and construction at D...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.