Saturday, November 10, 2012
To sign petition and for more information go here:
Thank you for being a concerned citizen! This site is dedicated to educate and convince others why a proposed garage in the RiNo Art District is greatly opposed. We are amazed that so few of our compatriots care to question the Baseball Stadiums’ claims that it needs a $13.7 million garage. The issues are complicated, so we hope you will take the time to read, think about and e-mail us if you have any questions. Of course, we consider any ideas and suggestions valuable and hope you will not hesitate to offer advice as well as criticism. Meanwhile, the site hopes to address the following issues:
- Failure of the Denver Metropolitan Major League Stadium District to study and seek input to spend $18 million of taxpayers dollars;
- Failure of the Stadium Board to require Rockies Ownership to share in the cost of building a garage;
- A call to action to understand why the general public has not been included in the review process, a violation of state law;
- Why the location of the proposed garage is a bad idea and a waste of taxpayers’ dollars; and
- The opportunity to sign a petition indicating your desire to be a part in preventing it being built.
It is our organization’s mission to promote not only a healthy flow of traffic to and from ballgames for our friends who drive to the ballgames but also diversity of transportation in the City and County of Denver.
Our first project is opposition to the construction of an unnecessary 352,324 square foot, four-story parking garage in the Coors Field Lot between 26th and 28th Streets in Denver.
To help bring you up to speed, we invite you to first read a letter to taxpayers and then a letter to Governor Hickenlooper that summarizes irregularities in the Stadium District’s compliance with Colorado State Law and why many of us feel so strongly this must be stopped.
Please share the news with friends and invite them to sign our petition too. Also, the entire Board of Directors of the Denver Metropolitan Baseball League Stadium District is up for reappointment this year. Please look carefully at our website. If you conclude that the Stadium Board is not acting in the best interest of taxpayers, then ask Governor Hickenlooper to start clean and appoint a new board. We greatly appreciate your support in this matter. It only takes a few minutes to review the site and to add your name to the petition. Thank you!
at 5:59 PM
- Walkabout - November 24, 2012
- Citizens Document Prairie Dog Poison on Playground...
- City officials try to quiet opposition to park dea...
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 25, 2...
- The Six-Plant Loophole
- What's up with Scott Gessler, Colorado's Colorful ...
- Text of Colorado Amendment 64 as enacted
- HUD funding list in Denver
- All Things MJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 18, 2...
- No more email to Hickenlooper (use his website ins...
- Tax increase dangerous to homeowners and small bus...
- Congrats to Dean Ormiston, Baca County's New Commi...
- No Denver Ballpark Garage
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 10, ...
- Take a survey, get a free week
- Parks Board delays vote, seeks more information
- Our guy - Sen. Mike Johnston - District 33
- NUNS ON THE BUS TOUR
- All Things MMJ with Jessica LeRoux - November 4, 2...
- Stabbing at 13th and Pennsylvania
- City-School Property Trade Questionable
- Report on Land Swap Deal Meeting
- The senior director of bonds and construction at D...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.