Thursday, January 13, 2011
Received by email from Michael Smilanic of ParksAreForPeople.org
The Twitter account of Denver Parks and Recreation jumped the gun by posting that the “fees set for admission based events- The Denver City Council has recently set the fees and charges…” but the odd thing is it was posted on December 29, 2010. City Council had not even decided at that point, and did not until January 3, 2011.
The fee structure that passed Council runs the risk of a serious negative reaction from some of Denver’s largest non-profit organizations because of this particular feature of this precedent setting ordinance. Never before has a fee structure been implemented by Denver Parks and Recreation which charges a percentage of the revenue from an event. This will have ominous implications for some of the largest revenue producing activities, such as pet events, walks, and runs in Denver parks. None of these implications have been explored or examined before Council Committee or the Advisory Board.
The Denver Parks and Recreation Advisory Board was not given an opportunity to completely vett the efficacy of the fee structure, as they should have.
at 12:14 PM
- Cheesman Park Attacker
- Local Art Salon gets it right
- Phil Goodstein's Associate Naysayer of the Month -...
- You've got Cake Crumbs on your Facebook
- Was Big Air Worth the Trouble? Denver Post
- Crime Alert - Sexual Assault in Cheesman Park
- Big Air - The Morning After
- Music to wake up by
- Denver Big Air Takes Flight Today in Civic Center ...
- Big Air Walkabout - Civic Center Park as Carnival ...
- Pinon Canyon Update
- Crime Alert
- HELP NORTHEAST DENVER TAKE BACK ITS SCHOOLS
- Temp Mayor Vidal wants a what?
- From ParksAreForPeople.org
- " I'll do it my way" - Denver Parks and Rec forges...
- Congress is broken - here's how to fix it
- Traffic lights - they come and they go
- Duck Lake Update - Jan 5, 2011
- Red Light "Collection Machine"
- An Open Letter to Denver's City Council in re: Eve...
- Contaminated water source to be expanded (Chatfiel...
- A Nightmare Act
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.