Thursday, September 15, 2011
Forgiving the student loan debt of all Americans will have an immediate stimulative effect on our economy. With the stroke of the President’s pen, millions of Americans would suddenly have hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of extra dollars in their pockets each and every month to spend on ailing sectors of the economy.
As consumer spending increases, businesses will begin to hire, jobs will be created, and a new era of innovation, entrepreneurship, and prosperity will be ushered in for all. A rising tide does, in fact, lift all boats—forgiving student loan debt, rather than tax cuts for corporations, millionaires and billionaires, has a MUCH greater chance of helping to raise that tide in a MUCH shorter time-frame.
The future economic success of this country is wholly dependent upon a well-educated, prosperous middle class. Instead of saddling entire generations with debt from which there is no escape, let’s empower the American people to grow this economy on their own!
That’s why I created a petition on SignOn.org, calling on President Obama and Congress to support legislation seeking student loan forgiveness as a means of economic stimulus.
Will you sign the petition? Click here to add your name, and then pass it along to your friends:
at 7:06 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- Occupy Denver - Day 8
- Occupy Denver - March/rally Sat (10/1/11) at Noon
- Talking Trash (Tax)
- US DOJ Memo: State Authorized Medi-Pot Patients Ma...
- Occupy Denver - Day 7
- Occupy Denver
- The Slippery Slope of Reality - Part 4
- Plutonium at Rocky Flats
- More road closures
- Police Chief Search Town Hall Meeting
- Big Dog
- Marijuana Prosecutions For 2010 Near Record High
- Early Adrienne
- Elevated from the comments:
- Road Closure Reminder (Oct. 9)
- Brilliant idea! Forgive all student loans!
- Adrienne Anderson: American Environmental Leader
- Adrienne Anderson (1952 - 2011)
- Denver wants Comcast customers to be aware of digi...
- 2011 CREATIVE BUSINESS WORKSHOP SERIES ANNOUNCE...
- Phil Goodstein's Naysayer
- INC Honors Adrienne Anderson
- Local media list
- To pay or not to pay
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.