Saturday, August 27, 2011
TEENS TO LEARN LIFE-SAVING DRIVING SKILLS FOR FREE
AS DRIVER’S EDGE NATIONAL TOUR RETURNS TO DENVER.
Non-profit organization continues its mission to help save the lives of young drivers
Motor vehicle crashes are the number one killer of America’s teens according to the National Traffic Safety Administration. In 2009, there were 465 motor vehicle related fatalities in the state of Colorado. Of those fatalities, 94 (or about 20 percent) were young people aged 16 to 24. Driver’s Edge, with its innovative and potentially life-saving instructional program, will make its fifth visit to the Denver area to help tackle this problem. On August 27 and 28, young drivers can benefit from this non-profit organization’s free program as the 2011 Driver’s Edge National Tour visits Coors Field.
Driver’s Edge includes the following elements:
Classroom and behind-the-wheel defensive driving instruction on skid control, evasive lane change maneuvers, anti-lock braking skills and panic-braking techniques, plus written tests designed to test knowledge both before and after students are behind the wheel;
Local law enforcement participation, including impaired driving awareness and seat belt safety; and
Proper car maintenance session based on Firestone Complete Auto Care’s Car Care Academies.
WHAT: Driver’s Edge provides real-life training for young drivers in an effort to combat the unacceptably high annual number of teen auto collisions and driving fatalities. This exciting half-day program presented with an “MTV flavor” includes classroom and behind-the-wheel training for young drivers. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend as well.
WHEN: Saturday August 27, 2011 Sunday August 28, 2011
Session One: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Session One: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Session Two: 1 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Session Two: 1 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Coors Field
2001 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80205
WHO: Jeff Payne, Driver’s Edge founder, Steven Tepper, Driver’s Edge president, and the Edge team of professional racecar drivers and performance driving instructors.
**Members of the media are invited to come out and test their skills behind the wheel.**
TO ATTEND: Young drivers, aged 15 to 21, possessing a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license, must register in advance at www.driversedge.org. Each day, a total of 200 young drivers (plus their parents) have the opportunity to attend.
While the value of a comparable program is $450 per person, there is no charge for young drivers to attend Driver’s Edge, thanks to private charitable donations and the generous support of community-minded partners such as Bridgestone Americas, Inc., Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (the “presenting partner” of the Driver’s Edge National Tour), Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC and the IZOD IndyCar Series.
CONTACT: Michael Graham Jeff Payne Steven Tepper
(615) 780-3334 (702) 361-3778 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (702) 361-3778 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (310) 470-9930 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (310) 470-9930 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
at 8:06 AM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- What's in the Heart, cannot be taken
- Secret THC/DUI meetings held in apparent violation...
- Good idea, and it's free!
- re: Dick Cheney, war criminal
- Central Denver Road Closures
- Get Out The Map
- Mayor Hancock Announces Appointment of Manager of ...
- We all know that recycled water is going to Washin...
- Thank you Sen. Bernie Sanders
- "Japan Dolphins Day" Activists to Demonstrate Outs...
- You didn't think Fukushima was over, did you?
- When did...
- New movie on Rocky Flats workers
- Hancock bars recording at press conferences? Seems...
- What's wrong with us?
- Here we go - into the financial abyss
- FYI - Denver City Council Members (August 2011)
- I Love Colorado but not this unfortunate video
- Did Bennet and Easley lie about the DPS deal?
- Get used to it...
- Aurora Citizens Group Fights Back Against Gaylord ...
- In the gutter
- Final road paving on York Street in Denver
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.