Wednesday, April 13, 2011
|Click to enlarge|
Editorial by Gerald Trumbule
Long time readers of this blog will not be surprised to find that we are whole-heartedly supporting Darrell Watson for City Council District 8. Some residents of this City Park district are feeling overwhelmed by the passing of Carla Madison and the rush of potential candidates signing up for the write-in campaign. “How will we ever vet all of these unknowns before May 3rd?” they ask. With 17 having already signed the Affidavit of Intent and more expected, it seems an impossible task. Some have called for a special election, but that is not the way the rules are written. One candidate has even promised to resign if elected in order to force a special election. But wait, clarity is on the horizon. One candidate has already been thoroughly vetted – and that candidate is Darrell Watson.
Watson ran for City Council four years ago. Although many thought he was the top candidate back then, he was bested by Sharon Bailey and Madison, who came in second. Madison then overwhelmed Bailey in the run-off election. During that campaign, Watson was featured in 12 YouTube videos expressing his views on various subjects. Although now four years old, these videos make it clear what kind of Councilman Watson would be.
at 11:55 AM
- Plutonium: The Jefferson Parkway's biggest problem...
- The crux of the ranchers' beef with our federal go...
- OK, quit whining about how many candidates there a...
- Why Michael Hancock should not be Mayor of Denver
- Report from the District 8 write-in frenzy
- OK, Albus Brooks gets it.
- My other reality
- Somebody for Council District 8
- Nobody for Council District 8
- Sen. Mike Johnston at Denver Dems calls for grassr...
- Dopers for Doug and other passing thoughts
- Rep. Diana DeGette: Inmates have taken over asylum...
- Open letter to Mayor Vidal
- Mayor manages city, not schools
- Juanita Gable Gets It.
- Write-in Watson
- Watson comments on the write-in process
- Write-in News at District 8
- Doug Linkhart for Mayor
- Write-in Watson for Council District 8
- Council District 8 Write-in Candidates
- Write-in Frenzy at Council District 8
- Saturday Special - Wendy Woo at City Park
- Public Review Draft of Northeast Downtown Neighbor...
- Ever Vigilant
- Go here to subscribe:
- Finally, the weekend
- NEIGHBORHOOD LIAISON UPDATES
- CAR BREAK-INS, SHOTS FIRED
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.