Saturday, November 19, 2011
For Immediate Release
Date: November 16, 2011
To: Denver Police Officers, Denver City Council
Media, Denver Community Organizations
Contact: Detective John White #98046
Address: Office of the Chief
1331 Cherokee St., Denver, CO 80204
Email: [email protected]
(Denver) Denver Police are reminding citizens to be vigilant and report suspicious activity while in downtown area.
Over the past several months, groups of individuals have displayed predatory behavior while in the Denver downtown area. In some instances, victims have been assaulted and/or robbed. These suspects instigate contact with the victims and create confrontational situations. The suspect is then joined by several other individuals and assault and/or rob the victim(s). There have been 15 incidents reported from August 1, 2011 through November 9, 2011 in the downtown area.
Information on several of these assaults has been released previously by the Denver Police Department and do not appear to be racially motivated. While there has not been a recent assault over the past few weeks, the previous attacks were occurring almost weekly and at least one suspect has been involved in multiple incidents.
We do believe that there have been instances where the assaults have been captured on camera by bystanders. We are asking those people to come forward and provide us with the footage. This new information could assist investigators and prevent others from possibly being victimized.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents or if you have been a victim of this type of crime, please call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP (7867). You can text to: CRIMES (274637) then title DMCS and enter your message or send an e-mail to metro-denvercrimestoppers.com. If the information you provide leads to the arrest and charging of a wanted individual, you can receive a cash award up to $2,000.
*Please find the attached map. Video footage is also available upon request at the Denver Police Headquarters information desk.
Below is a list of safety tips while walking:
· Be aware of your surroundings.
· Walk only on busy, well-lighted streets, even if it makes the trip a little longer.
· Avoid shortcuts through parking lots, alleys or parks.
· If you feel you are being followed, cross the street or begin walking in a different direction. Walk toward lighted, more populated areas.
· If a vehicle is following you, turn and run in the opposite direction. The driver will have to turn around before continuing to follow you, buying you time to make it to safety.
at 3:15 PM
- Philly cops use "Trigger" in Occupy crowd control
- Occupy LA preparing for police invasion
- Occupy Unity takes over Washington State capitol i...
- Occupy Denver Friday, Nov 25, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE
- HOLIDAY IN THE POINTS LIGHTS UP WELTON STREET
- 13th Annual Sand Creek Massacre Spiritual Healing ...
- Denver Police Urge Reporting Suspicious Actions Do...
- Occupy Denver live stream now
- Occupy Denver 11-17-11
- OWS taking over the streets in NYC
- Nov 17th - A day of live streaming
- Occupy Denver - Be There
- Living (and driving) in a police state
- Occupy Wall Street under siege
- ACTION ALERT: Board of Health Patient Rulemaking H...
- Paul M. Levitt: Homage to Adrienne Anderson
- DPD war on tents (and tables)
- Occupy Denver reponds to ongoing police brutality ...
- Occupy Portland - Live streaming
- Occupy Denver Live Stream
- Adrienne Anderson's Memorial - Nov. 6, 2011
- Developers are targeting open land on the north en...
- OCCUPY DENVER ELECTS LEADER
- Occupy Denver 11-3-11:"Livin' in the Land Where th...
- Boulder, Colorado Occupies the Ballot Box and Call...
- OCCUPY DENVER HONORS VETERANS & TAKES ACTION AGAIN...
- Michael Moore to visit Occupy Denver
- DABC update from 3 weeks of social war in Denver, ...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.