Monday, November 14, 2011
The Colorado Board of Health will hold a rulemaking hearing on Wed., Nov. 16, concerning changes to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s rules and regulations regarding medical marijuana. One of the main topics is a proposal to lower the patient Registry fee from $90 to $35. The Board will also discuss modifying the patient indigence standard and clarifying the definition of “in good standing” for physicians, in accordance with House Bill 11-1043
FULL DETAILS HERE:
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1) ATTEND HEARING
Board of Health Public Rulemaking Hearing
Wed., Nov. 16, 2011
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Sabin Conference Room, Building A – 1st Floor
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South Denver, CO
Time: Approx. 10:30am. The agenda says the MMJ rulemaking hearing will commence at 10:30am, but this is only an estimate, so if you want to testify in person, please show up early.
2) EMAIL COMMENTS
1) Cut and paste the CTI’s Sample Comments, or write comments of your own.
2) Email it before Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:00am to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: MMJ Rulemaking Hearing (Nov. 16, 2011)
Dear Colorado Board of Health:
I support lowering the fees for medical marijuana patients from $90/year to $35/year. However, I am concerned about the security of the Registry and its confidentiality. I understand CDPHE is currently working to make parts of the Registry accessible online to the DOR Medical Marijuana Criminal Enforcement Division and other law enforcement agencies. Once any portion of the Registry is available online to other agencies, it opens the Registry up to possible compromise. Given that there have been several unexplained breaches of the Registry security in the past, I would like to know how you will prevent hackers from going online and stealing the Registry or parts of it? What portion of the patient’s fees currently goes to making sure the Registry remains confidential? Patients will only use the optional state Registry if they are certain their identity will remain private and secure.
3) COPY AND REDISTRIBUTE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
Provided as a Public Service by the:
Cannabis Therapy Institute
P.O. Box 19084, Boulder, CO 80308
Email: [email protected]
at 2:00 PM
- Philly cops use "Trigger" in Occupy crowd control
- Occupy LA preparing for police invasion
- Occupy Unity takes over Washington State capitol i...
- Occupy Denver Friday, Nov 25, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE
- HOLIDAY IN THE POINTS LIGHTS UP WELTON STREET
- 13th Annual Sand Creek Massacre Spiritual Healing ...
- Denver Police Urge Reporting Suspicious Actions Do...
- Occupy Denver live stream now
- Occupy Denver 11-17-11
- OWS taking over the streets in NYC
- Nov 17th - A day of live streaming
- Occupy Denver - Be There
- Living (and driving) in a police state
- Occupy Wall Street under siege
- ACTION ALERT: Board of Health Patient Rulemaking H...
- Paul M. Levitt: Homage to Adrienne Anderson
- DPD war on tents (and tables)
- Occupy Denver reponds to ongoing police brutality ...
- Occupy Portland - Live streaming
- Occupy Denver Live Stream
- Adrienne Anderson's Memorial - Nov. 6, 2011
- Developers are targeting open land on the north en...
- OCCUPY DENVER ELECTS LEADER
- Occupy Denver 11-3-11:"Livin' in the Land Where th...
- Boulder, Colorado Occupies the Ballot Box and Call...
- OCCUPY DENVER HONORS VETERANS & TAKES ACTION AGAIN...
- Michael Moore to visit Occupy Denver
- DABC update from 3 weeks of social war in Denver, ...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.