Tuesday, October 4, 2011
I’ve been visiting the Occupy Denver location at Colfax and Broadway on a regular basis and watching the net to try to assess where this is going. I don’t think most people are aware that Anonymous started OccupyWallStreet.
Discontent grows around the country on many fronts; the homeless, evicted, foreclosed upon, underwater, fired, laid-off, salaries reduced, hours cut, overly indebted populace seemed trapped in hopelessness. Until now. The OccupyWallStreet (OWS) movement has started to grow rapidly by forming alliances with unions and other disaffected groups. They now have posted their demands for voting.
Tomorrow, the students join:
2. College of New Jersey
3. University of Maryland–will be meeting at College Park
4. West Mount College
5. Northeastern University
6. Indiana University of Pennsylvania–will be meeting in Oak Grove
7. University of Colorado Boulder–they are set to “maybe”
8. University of Massachusetts Lowell
9. Bradley University
10. Illinois State University–will be meeting up with Bradley University and Occupying at Bloomington Normal Illinois
11. University of Massachusetts Amherst–will be meeting at Amherst Commons
12. University of Florida
13. Adrian College
14. Texas State University San Marcos
15. Duke University
16. Brooklyn College, City University of New York
17. Chapman University
16. Sonoma State University
17. UCLA–will be meeting at Bruins Walk
18. Santa Monica College
19. University of Texas Austin–will be meeting outside tower in South Mall
20. Lone Star College Tomball
21. Montana State–will be meeting in lawn South of Montana Hall
22. Cal State University Northridge
23. Syracuse University
24. Texas Tech–not confirmed, still a “maybe”
at 5:42 PM
- OCCUPY DENVER HOLDS PEACE VIGIL TONIGHT AT 6
- Denver police do a great job of PR for Occupy Denv...
- Police action at Occupy Denver today
- Live feed of Occupy Denver standoff on 9news now
- Occupy Denver from SenorMysterioso
- Denver Public Works & Denver Parks and Recreation ...
- OCCUPY DENVER REQUESTS SOLIDARITY FROM CITY COUNCI...
- Police body language at Occupy Denver
- COLORADO RESIDENTS TO GOV. HICKENLOOPER AND MAYOR ...
- DPD Raids Squat, Support Needed
- Occupy Denver on the march again (10-22-2011)
- Occupy Denver meets with Mayor Hancock 10-18-2011
- Adrienne Anderson Memorial Service
- Concert and Rally this Saturday 10/22/2011
- Last night's activity at #OccupyDenver (9news.com)...
- More #OccupyDenver
- Controversial Parks Admission Policy Retained
- Two live feeds now covering Occupy Denver 11:29 pm...
- Hickenlooper, Hancock: Park may be cleared tonight...
- Occupy Denver delivers letter to Gov. Hickenlooper...
- 24-hours at Occupy Denver with Colorado Rep Wes Mc...
- Will this happen in Denver?
- MEET ALL THE CANDIDATES AND WATCH FORUMS AT www.DE...
- Initiative 300 - Paid Sick Days for a Healthier De...
- In case you were wondering...
- Anonymous take down of Wall Street a psy op
- Occupy Denver - Day 13
- NYPD White Shirts in action again tonight
- Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
- Anonymous threatens Wall Street...or is it a false...
- Is this the beginning of something...BIG?
- One Sky One World - this Sunday - Oct. 9
- October Naysayer - Phil Goodstein
- Occupy Denver - Day 10
- Occupy Denver - Day 9 - Rally
- Live stream from Occupy Denver today! (Sat 10/1/11...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.