Sunday, October 30, 2011
Photos from the Denver Post (see more)
|Occupiers coming better equipped to the show|
|Officer down in an unscripted fall|
|Officer playing his part with enthusiasm|
Occupiers and officers came to Saturday’s march in full battle dress for their parts in the continuing drama at Colfax and Broadway (I was unable to attend). Hickenlooper and Hancock have seemed determined to draw the line by not allowing tents, repeatedly removing the occupiers camping gear, food, and medical supplies, but allowing them to sleep on the sidewalk for the last few days despite the 11pm to 6am curfew .
After the marchers approached the west steps of the Capitol and were repulsed, they moved down to their camp on Broadway. There police seem to have made a tactical error by driving two motorcycles up on the grass and into the crowd. After an occupier shoved the back end of the second motorcycle, he was chased down and arrested. (Video from DenverOccupy)
This led to the officers being surrounded by occupiers with the police then using pepper spray and guns with pepper “bullets” on the crowd. The occupiers backed away and the police moved back to the street.
Here’s a second point of view on the motorcycle takedown
More from SenorMysterioso on YouTube:
Senor goes on to say:
October 29, 2011. Occupy Denver. Police fight with protesters in Civic Center Park.
This video starts right after police stormed into the park to pull a tarp out of a tree. Police tackled a man and a woman to the ground. Protesters became enraged about the force being used.
I removed my original description because of threats. I was objectively relating what I observed and experienced but some people were angry so I will just let everyone watch for themselves.
Yet another point of view of the inside action
at 11:45 AM
- OCCUPY DENVER HOLDS PEACE VIGIL TONIGHT AT 6
- Denver police do a great job of PR for Occupy Denv...
- Police action at Occupy Denver today
- Live feed of Occupy Denver standoff on 9news now
- Occupy Denver from SenorMysterioso
- Denver Public Works & Denver Parks and Recreation ...
- OCCUPY DENVER REQUESTS SOLIDARITY FROM CITY COUNCI...
- Police body language at Occupy Denver
- COLORADO RESIDENTS TO GOV. HICKENLOOPER AND MAYOR ...
- DPD Raids Squat, Support Needed
- Occupy Denver on the march again (10-22-2011)
- Occupy Denver meets with Mayor Hancock 10-18-2011
- Adrienne Anderson Memorial Service
- Concert and Rally this Saturday 10/22/2011
- Last night's activity at #OccupyDenver (9news.com)...
- More #OccupyDenver
- Controversial Parks Admission Policy Retained
- Two live feeds now covering Occupy Denver 11:29 pm...
- Hickenlooper, Hancock: Park may be cleared tonight...
- Occupy Denver delivers letter to Gov. Hickenlooper...
- 24-hours at Occupy Denver with Colorado Rep Wes Mc...
- Will this happen in Denver?
- MEET ALL THE CANDIDATES AND WATCH FORUMS AT www.DE...
- Initiative 300 - Paid Sick Days for a Healthier De...
- In case you were wondering...
- Anonymous take down of Wall Street a psy op
- Occupy Denver - Day 13
- NYPD White Shirts in action again tonight
- Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
- Anonymous threatens Wall Street...or is it a false...
- Is this the beginning of something...BIG?
- One Sky One World - this Sunday - Oct. 9
- October Naysayer - Phil Goodstein
- Occupy Denver - Day 10
- Occupy Denver - Day 9 - Rally
- Live stream from Occupy Denver today! (Sat 10/1/11...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.