Tuesday, October 25, 2011
COLORADO RESIDENTS TO GOV. HICKENLOOPER AND MAYOR HANCOCK: RESPECT RIGHTS OF OCCUPY DENVER PARTICIPANTS
WASHINGTON, DC – Colorado residents are joining a 10,000-strong campaign on Change.org demanding that Colorado Governor Hickenlooper and Denver Mayor Hancock respect the rights of Occupy Denver participants to gather at Civic Center Park.
Denver resident Sarah Fong launched the online petition campaign after watching police arrest Occupy Denver participants. A growing number of Colorado residents have joined the campaign on Change.org, the world’s fastest-growing platform for social change.
“I started to realize that the Occupy Together movement was a huge mass of people who decided to do something about the corporate power that has overtaken us,” Fong said. “Because of the size and scope of Occupy Together, and because of its emphasis on democracy, I started to take inventory of the things I could to contribute to the movement in some small way.”
Since the launch of the Occupy Denver campaign on Change.org less than two weeks ago, more than 10,000 people have added their signatures. Several other Occupy Together groups in cities across the U.S. have since created their own campaigns on Change.org to defend participants against attacks by local officials.
Live signature totals from Sarah Fong’s Occupy Denver campaign:
Live signature totals from a similar campaign by Occupy Colorado Springs:
Journalists interested in contacting Governor Hickenlooper or Mayor Hancock’s public relations staff should try:
For more information on Change.org, please visit:
Change.org is the world’s fastest-growing platform for social change — growing by more than 400,000 new members a month, and empowering millions of people to start, join, and win campaigns for social change in their community, city and country.
at 2:56 PM
- OCCUPY DENVER HOLDS PEACE VIGIL TONIGHT AT 6
- Denver police do a great job of PR for Occupy Denv...
- Police action at Occupy Denver today
- Live feed of Occupy Denver standoff on 9news now
- Occupy Denver from SenorMysterioso
- Denver Public Works & Denver Parks and Recreation ...
- OCCUPY DENVER REQUESTS SOLIDARITY FROM CITY COUNCI...
- Police body language at Occupy Denver
- COLORADO RESIDENTS TO GOV. HICKENLOOPER AND MAYOR ...
- DPD Raids Squat, Support Needed
- Occupy Denver on the march again (10-22-2011)
- Occupy Denver meets with Mayor Hancock 10-18-2011
- Adrienne Anderson Memorial Service
- Concert and Rally this Saturday 10/22/2011
- Last night's activity at #OccupyDenver (9news.com)...
- More #OccupyDenver
- Controversial Parks Admission Policy Retained
- Two live feeds now covering Occupy Denver 11:29 pm...
- Hickenlooper, Hancock: Park may be cleared tonight...
- Occupy Denver delivers letter to Gov. Hickenlooper...
- 24-hours at Occupy Denver with Colorado Rep Wes Mc...
- Will this happen in Denver?
- MEET ALL THE CANDIDATES AND WATCH FORUMS AT www.DE...
- Initiative 300 - Paid Sick Days for a Healthier De...
- In case you were wondering...
- Anonymous take down of Wall Street a psy op
- Occupy Denver - Day 13
- NYPD White Shirts in action again tonight
- Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
- Anonymous threatens Wall Street...or is it a false...
- Is this the beginning of something...BIG?
- One Sky One World - this Sunday - Oct. 9
- October Naysayer - Phil Goodstein
- Occupy Denver - Day 10
- Occupy Denver - Day 9 - Rally
- Live stream from Occupy Denver today! (Sat 10/1/11...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.