Friday, January 22, 2010
If the members of City Council vote to do something illegal, what recourse do the citizens of Denver have but to sue? In approving this non-competitive contract with OpenAir Cinema to fence off 8% of Civic Center Park this summer, and then move to City Park for the next two years, City Council may well be in violation of the City Charter. As usual, Councilwoman Faatz makes the most cogent argument against doing so, but is in the minority (8-4) and the illegal lease is approved. When will City Council wake up and stop trampling on our Charter?
I sincerely hope that some group of civic-minded citizens will step forward and sue the City to stop this denial of the citizens right to vote on issues drastically changing the use of our parks.
P.S. As usual, Kenny Be has it nailed over at Westword.
at 2:42 PM
- A Politician Unfit to be Governor
- Bad video is bad for the candidate
- "The answer, my friend...
- Another Attempted End-Run by Hickenlooper
- Hickenlooper for Governor
- Sit! Down! Roll over!
- City has golden geese, not just in parks
- Lawsuit Time
- Cowboy Concert at the Colorado Capitol
- Romanoff is THE Man
- MLK Marade in Denver 1-18-10
- Denver City Council Medical Marijuana Hearing 1-11...
- National Western Stock Show Parade
- Urgent Message from Cathy Donohue
- Mayoral Succession
- A Second Bill of Rights to End Corporate Personhoo...
- Bennett in the Senate, Ritter in the Shitter, Colo...
- Rep. McKinley Announces Bid for Re-election in HD6...
- Denver as Brewpub
- Denver Parks and Recreation Department Running Wil...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.