Thursday, August 5, 2010
At a press conference on the steps of the Colorado Capitol in Denver, Rep. Wes McKinley, in reporting the findings of a new citizen-led plutonium sampling test that found breathable plutonium in 2 of 4 samples gathered near Rocky Flats, suggests that the only real solution would be to cover the 6000 acres with two feet of cement, and pray. And he’s not kidding – that’s what he was told by a scientist who worked on the remediation of Rocky Flats. The scientist later died of cancer, and his remains were confiscated by the FBI.
Further reporting from Westword.
at 8:09 AM
- Deja Pu
- Hot Sludge
- Parks are for People (continued)
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens ...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens
- Parks are for ... making money
- Denver City Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz Polls Her Co...
- Dogs on the Loose
- New Hope for the Upside Down?
- Contamination from City Park Lake Flows to Platte
- Bright Green
- Democrats Unity Rally
- Linkhart for Mayor
- Dancing with the Devil
- Parks are for people, not profit (continued)
- Parks are for people, not profit
- LIP Service
- Dream On
- McKinley at Acoustic Music Revival Today
- Downwind of Rocky Flats
- Two Feet of Cement
- Rocky Flats a Local Hazard - Forever
- McKinley Press Conference - Plutonium at Rocky Fla...
- More on Bennet's Anschutz Activity
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.