Monday, August 23, 2010
As much as I laud the effort being made by Parks are for People, I don’t think that any amount of calling and letter writing will change the fact that this Admission Based Policy is a done deal. Whenever they got a chance, the people spoke out against it, and it didn’t matter. The HickenMaster has spoken and his Parks Czar Patterson has carried out the order, with the assistance of the Parks and Wreck minions.
It’s going to take a lawsuit (injuction?) to stop this “experiment” in City Charter manipulation which was accomplished by redefining the words – lease, permit, concession, etc. by Friar Broadwell. And, if a successful effort is mounted to force it to a vote of the people, the Gentry (promoters) will fund a TV campaign to get it passed, as they usually do, with lemons, dancing letters and other advertising gimmicks. Those opposing its passage will be characterized as rigid old fuddy-duddys, resisting change, seeking serenity in their dotage, while those in favor will be the fun-loving, beer-drinking, rock and rollers, ready to partay!
While I agree that a dedicated Festival Park would be a great idea, it’s not what HickenMaster has dictated, because it would cost too much money, and anyway, the parks are already, by his reckoning, available for the taking.
Nah! won’t happen. I was just getting carried away. Sorry for the fuss. Go back to sleep.
at 10:11 PM
- Deja Pu
- Hot Sludge
- Parks are for People (continued)
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens ...
- Central Denver Recreation Center Dog Park Gardens
- Parks are for ... making money
- Denver City Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz Polls Her Co...
- Dogs on the Loose
- New Hope for the Upside Down?
- Contamination from City Park Lake Flows to Platte
- Bright Green
- Democrats Unity Rally
- Linkhart for Mayor
- Dancing with the Devil
- Parks are for people, not profit (continued)
- Parks are for people, not profit
- LIP Service
- Dream On
- McKinley at Acoustic Music Revival Today
- Downwind of Rocky Flats
- Two Feet of Cement
- Rocky Flats a Local Hazard - Forever
- McKinley Press Conference - Plutonium at Rocky Fla...
- More on Bennet's Anschutz Activity
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.