Wednesday, June 23, 2010
On Saturday, June 19, we packed up for another shot at the Colorado “outback”, that great southeastern Colorado semi-arid expanse, to Kim, Colorado (271 miles from Denver), where the Pinon Canyon Expansion Opposition Coalition (PCEOC) was having a Festival (see previous post). Speakers in the school gym and art/photography exhibits in adjacent buildings, a sit-down barbecue meal, along with 100F temperatures and wind outside, made for an exhilarating experience. Over 250 attended, and for a town with a population of 65, that’s a lot.
The audience sat quietly while politicians and candidates explained why they were against the Army’s position, whatever that may morph into, and for the property rights of the land owners. Even the “willing seller” caveat was found not to be acceptable. Coming up: individual speeches of note.
at 3:56 PM
- Not the Time for Apathy
- Denver's Duck (Death) Pond 6-28-10
- Associate Naysayer of the Month - Jerry Wartgow
- Dead Duck Lake
- Naysayer of the Month - Tom Strickland
- Denver Councilwoman Johnson Not Running for Anothe...
- Party Parks to be "Activated"
- Candidate Bob McConnell at PCEOC Festival
- Rep. Wes McKinley at PCEOC Festival
- Candidate Lisa Grace-Kellogg at PCEOC Festival
- Congressman John Salazar at PCEOC Festival
- PCEOC Festival
- Robotic Warfare in Colorado?
- Duck, Duck, Goose - Continued
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- Shingle Mountain in Elyria
- That Pesky Purple Pipe Water
- On the Road - McKinley and Romanoff in Trinidad
- Jim Hightower
- See you there!
- Plugging the Leak
- Xcel Energy's Transformer Fire - Updated
- Get Out of Denver
- Billy Whitfield plays "Ghost Riders in the Sky"
- Two styles of beef production: Is one criminal in ...
- The Naysayer of the Month - Mayor Hickenlooper
- The Honorable Hick Changes the Rules
- Elyria Gets Some Air
- Citizen Squeeze
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.