Thursday, May 7, 2009
Pull out the stops, there is a vacancy to be filled. With the resignation of Peter Groff on his way to the Obama Department of Education, his position as Senator from District 33 must now be filled. The procedure for doing this involves a vote by Democratic officers from Precinct Chair People (PCP) up to Mayor – a group of approximately 150 individuals. The vote will take place May 11, next Monday. This Forum gives the candidates a chance to present themselves to the Vacancy Committee. Although well over 200 people attended the Forum, it was estimated that only 1 in 10 were actual Committee members.
Four candidates have announced (alphabetical order): Renee Blanchard, Anthony Graves, Michael Johnston, and Rosemary Marshall. I have a dismal track record in picking candidates, so I’ll keep my choice to myself. You can see for yourself.
at 9:05 AM
- New Senators Sworn-in
- Update on Former Planned Parenthood Site...
- Commercial Use of Denver Parks
- Colfax Marathon
- The Vote is In.
- Johnston Wins in SD33
- SD33 Forum Closing Remarks
- SD33 Forum Question 7 - Democratic Platform
- SD33 Forum Question 6 - Budget Issues
- SD33 Forum Question 5 - Healthcare
- SD33 Forum Question 4 - Tuition Equity
- SD33 Forum Question 3 - Marijuana
- SD33 Forum Question 2 - Diversity
- SD33 Forum Question 1 - LGBTQ
- Denver Democratic Party SD33 Candidate Forum
- Colorado Legislative Trailride - 2009
- D's Daily Dish Distributes
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.