Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Denver City Council meetings are usually long and mostly boring. Here I bring you selected clips from their meeting of 1-22-08. The Mayor’s Extraordinary Event Powers (MEEP), to be imposed during the Democratic National Convention, are discussed by citizens and Councilpersons, in a hearing on Council Bills 35 and 36, regarding assembly in our parks and parades on our streets.
This post is not intended to bring you a summary of what was said, but merely what I found interesting. I mostly prefer what the citizens have to say. If you want the entire 2+ hours, go to channel 8 online.
(Technical note: After recording, editing, uploading to YouTube, and posting, I noticed there is a bit of slippage between the picture and sound. This was a result of the process, and could not be corrected.)
Bill of Rights
Camping in the parks (I missed the first part of this one)
Councilman Linkhart (the voice of reason)
at 11:28 PM
- Purplewater Plus - Part 4 - Memory Loss
- Hancock Lets Slip the Truth
- Taking a Stroll – Shanghai Version of Quiet Revolt...
- Denver's "Extraordinary Event" Discussed at City C...
- Only Love Can Conquer Hate
- And the Answer is ........
- Purplewater Plus Near You - Part 3: Ducks as Canar...
- Political Video Reaches New High
- Time Critical Information – Your health
- Purplewater Plus Near You – Part 2
- Denver Mayor Hedgejumper: Extraordinary Event? OK,...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.