Tuesday, May 6, 2008
You may have noticed that I published this video clip of the cleaning of the “Thatcher” fountain in City Park previously and without comment. I was trying to get more information on what I had seen and recorded – the thick white “plaque” build up on the walls and bottom of the fountain pool – that was being removed by the workers. I wanted to get closer (to try to get a sample) but was prevented (properly) from doing so by the admonitions of the workers to stay back. So I emailed Mr. Joseph Sloan, listed as the PR contact person on the http://www.denverwater.org/ website. To date he has not answered, so today I sent him this email:
Dear Mr. Sloan:
You seem to be the “go to guy” with respect to recycled water issues. Your name, phone number, and email address are listed on more than one page of the Denverwater.org website as the person to answer questions about recycled water.
It is to you, then, that I turned to answer my simple question about the use of recycled water in the fountains at Denver’s City Park.
Email sent 4/28/08
From: Gerald Trumbule
To: [email protected]
Could you tell me if the recycled water in use at City Park is being used in the fountains? Specifically, I refer to:
1. The fountain at approximately 17th and the Esplanade.
2. The Ferril Lake fountain.
3. The play fountain just west of the Denver Museum.
Thanks for providing this information.
Please answer as soon as possible (by email) so I can publish your answer and set at ease the minds of my readers who are wondering about the use of this non-potable water in situations where park users might easily, and unknowingly, come into contact with it. Thanks again for your attention to this matter.
End of email.
New still from the video with my titles of what I think I was seeing:
at 10:47 AM
- Expect to Be Arrested at the DNC...
- Ginger Baker Exclusive - Parker, Colorado, circa 1...
- Pot Panel to City Attorney: Call Off Your Dogs
- "Surprise Me" by Wendy Woo
- Free Tomato Plants
- Wes McKinley, the Rocky Flats Grand Jury Foreman
- Condo Mondo
- Adult Beverage Alcohol Good, Stoner Reefer Marijua...
- Neighborhood Advocates Question Park Liquor Policy...
- Thatcher Fountain
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Beth McCann
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Cindy Lowery
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Matt Bergles
- HD8 Candidate Forum Tonight
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.