Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wes McKinley is now the Colorado State Representative for District 64, in the southeastern corner of the state. He is up for re-election and running unopposed.
Back in 1989, after an FBI raid on the Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Plant, McKinley was selected for Grand Jury service and elected Foreman. For 2 1/2 years the Grand Jury toiled to uncover the truth.
The whole story is much too interesting and too well told in the book “The Ambushed Grand Jury: How the Justice Department Covered Up Government Nuclear Crimes and How We Caught Them Red Handed” for me to repeat here. I was privileged to be invited to tape a talk recently given by Rep. McKinley, and will be posting additional clips from it in the near future.
I recommend that you buy the book, published in 2004, written by McKinley and Caron Balkany, Esq. (All profits from the book go to nuclear watchdog and environmental groups around the country.) This is the detailed story of how our government actually works, and how one man, Wes McKinley, stood up and then refused to back down. I still remember seeing him on the local evening news, standing on the courthouse steps in Denver, and thinking, this guy has guts, and he will probably go to jail.
at 10:02 PM
- Expect to Be Arrested at the DNC...
- Ginger Baker Exclusive - Parker, Colorado, circa 1...
- Pot Panel to City Attorney: Call Off Your Dogs
- "Surprise Me" by Wendy Woo
- Free Tomato Plants
- Wes McKinley, the Rocky Flats Grand Jury Foreman
- Condo Mondo
- Adult Beverage Alcohol Good, Stoner Reefer Marijua...
- Neighborhood Advocates Question Park Liquor Policy...
- Thatcher Fountain
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Beth McCann
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Cindy Lowery
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Matt Bergles
- HD8 Candidate Forum Tonight
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.