Friday, May 30, 2008
This story starts in 1967, when the rock group Cream played The Electric Factory in Philadelphia. I was there, having my hearing permanently damaged by Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton, and Jack Bruce. My right ear will never forget. Coffin-like boxes surrounded the floor, leaning up against the wall, so patrons could lie back and enjoy the show. What a trip!
Fast forward to 1995, when my best friend Clark Burch, aging bass player and neophyte videographer, learned that Ginger Baker was living in Parker, Colorado, playing polo on a regular basis, and performing on the drums after each game. There is a lot more to the whole story, but I’ll save that for my memoirs.
If you like drums, drums, and more drums, check out this video, never before released. Ginger is performing with his son Kofi.
I am pretty sure Baker had to leave the US after a dustup with the INS. Feel free to comment if you have additional information.
at 8:49 AM
- Expect to Be Arrested at the DNC...
- Ginger Baker Exclusive - Parker, Colorado, circa 1...
- Pot Panel to City Attorney: Call Off Your Dogs
- "Surprise Me" by Wendy Woo
- Free Tomato Plants
- Wes McKinley, the Rocky Flats Grand Jury Foreman
- Condo Mondo
- Adult Beverage Alcohol Good, Stoner Reefer Marijua...
- Neighborhood Advocates Question Park Liquor Policy...
- Thatcher Fountain
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Beth McCann
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Cindy Lowery
- Candidate Forum - Park Hill - Matt Bergles
- HD8 Candidate Forum Tonight
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.