Monday, April 21, 2008
Denver’s City Park finally got its music festival, and a good time was had by all. Staff estimated the crowd at 3500 to 4000, and aside from a few faintings, considerable drinking, a wiff or two of 420 celebrating, and some sunburn, there was nothing negative to report.
Nearby streets were posted with “Local Access Only – No Event Parking” and many rode bicycles.
I even returned this morning to check on the clean-up, and everything looked good.
It was, however, clear that a crowd of 50,000 (AEG’s proposaed Mile High Music Festival) would have been way over the park’s capacity.
(Anyone recognize the group playing? I wanted to give them credit but forgot to ask their name. Please comment if you know.)
at 12:12 PM
- City Council Develops Verbal Diarrhea, Can’t Stop ...
- Thatcher Fountain in City Park
- Memories are Made of This
- This Just In.....Pot Goes to Trial
- Denver Zoo Gets “Hypocritical” Label for Booking R...
- Green Apple Festival - Earth Day - City Park Denve...
- Official's Response
- Busy Day at the Parks
- Carla's Contributions 4-7-08
- How Green Turned Purple
- Denver Water
- The Pinnacle
- Denver Parks Policy (continued)
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.