Tuesday, August 28, 2007
The Lowest-Priority-for-Marijuana Initiative “Courtesy” hearing was held last night at the Denver City Council Chambers, and what a love-fest it was (not). It seems that everyone has their finger in this pot pie.
As my mind wandered, I thought of a drinking game in which players would down a shot when “the children” were mentioned, but then realized that the result would have been death by alcohol overdose. Children this, children that, save the children. Councilperson Hancock had even said earlier that he had to violate the City Charter by not voting the measure out of committee because he has two daughters. Strange, given that this initiative is specifically for those 21 and over.
And the cameras of Channel 8 (ht) rolled on, and every moment was captured. In the service of fairness, I’ve decided to post them all. They seem to divide readily into three groups, those in favor of the initiative, for various reasons, those who have a vested interest in the prohibition of pot, and of course, the Council members themselves – the Educators, trying to “educate” us, as Linkhart said in committee, which is why it was arranged with two ordinances for them to vote on. (Come on folks, we’re talking about a weed here.)
(Tech note: I’m trying something new, using a just-introduced capability in Blogger. You can now upload videos directly without going to YouTube. The videos are hosted on Google Video, but not searchable. It’s a beta.)
at 12:39 PM
- Pot Pourri
- Pro - For Various Reasons
- Con - Vested Interest in Pot Prohibition
- Council as Educators
- Can We Learn by Example?
- Did Hancock Violate City Charter?
- The Big Doobie
- And in the other corner, we have...
- We're Not Closed-Minded Bigots...
- Bond Issue - Joe Anderson - Check the Track Record...
- Bond Issue - Jan Mares - I Can't Afford It
- Denver Bond Issue and Mill Levy Increase
- Part 1: DNA Evidence + DA Morrissey = 50 Burglars ...
- Part 2 - City Council Proposed Marijuana Ordinance...
- Come On, Let's Rehab the Whole House!
- Honkin' For Impeachment
- National Night Out in City Park West
- Nickel and Dime is Now $5 and $10
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.