Wednesday, June 27, 2007
When I watched the Channel 8 tape of the City Council Zoning meeting of June 13, 2007, I couldn’t believe the BS coming from the mouth of Kathleen MacKenzie, current lame duck City Council Representative for District 7. Is this woman loony? Xcel “forcing transmission lines down the throats of the Council”? “Let them eat chemotherapy?” “Penetrating our Sacred View Planes”. WTF? Did I miss something here? Is Xcel really trying to destroy Ruby Hill Park with ugly giant poles? Has she gone off the deep end? Let’s take a deep breath and do a reality check there, Ms. MacKenzie.
So my partner and I went to Ruby Hill Park on Saturday, June 23, at midday. Here’s what we found:
1. Ruby Hill Park is no gem. The concrete barricades (cruising prevention?), open construction pits, standing water, and general lack of care have rendered it shabby. We saw only two groups of two people in the park the hour that we were there – two at the swimming pool and two at the pavilion.
2. Before we start I should reveal my own bias. I think all electric lines should be underground (in a perfect world) and I think that View Planes are a silly idea – especially Sacred View Planes (more on that later).
OK, now we know what’s there. We can probably all agree the electric transmission lines are ugly, especially in a park, unless you consider their function and like your electricity. But that’s what has been allowed.
What’s being proposed. These towers are just to the south of the park, but provide a striking comparison of the old and new. Note the new one appears a bit taller than the old. Xcel wants to replace 5 of the old with the new in the park.
To Be Continued…
at 8:47 AM
- Thank You to the People of Denver
- Elevated From the Comments
- So Denver is Totally Kewl
- Reality Check at Ruby Hill Park
- We're 37th!
- Michael Moore Shrugs Off Wacko at SiCKO Promo
- State Rep. Rosemary Marshall at Denver Dems
- Association Baton Proves Sticky
- Sen. Chris Romer at Denver Democrats
- Street Level at Colfax and York
- DeGette Apparently Unaware of Bush's Martial Law P...
- DeGette at Mercury Cafe - June 9, 2007
- As of 7:07pm tonight ...
- Making a List, and Checking it Twice
- Denver Mother Talks About the Surge
- Chimera in the Home Stretch
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.