Saturday, June 2, 2007
I wasn’t really planning on using these photographs of Madison’s (home and campaign headquarters) front yard until I read this morning’s posting at Colorado Pols. Read it for yourself here. But I like to go for the visual – so here they are. (Aside: gargoyles are associated with rain spouts – these are more properly called chimera. Second aside: Is this a “sign” on an R2 property and do you need a permit to have one?)
And as for the reports of husband John Bailey’s wacky phone calls – I’d pit Carla’s husband (and campaign manager) Paul Weiss against John any day on the “over the top” scale. Either way we get a “special” spouse. This may prove to be a lot of fun for the next four years.
Update: I hadn’t read the attributed Rocky Mountain News article when I posted this. Interestingly, the Colorado Pols post left out John Bailey’s comment that his phone is in his wife’s (Sharon Bailey) name so his name couldn’t have shown up on Madison’s phone ID. Hmmm.
Other questions that come to mind: Is fire-breathing yard art a code violation? And did either run-off candidate get a (required) city permit to run their campaigns from their homes?
at 8:32 AM
- Thank You to the People of Denver
- Elevated From the Comments
- So Denver is Totally Kewl
- Reality Check at Ruby Hill Park
- We're 37th!
- Michael Moore Shrugs Off Wacko at SiCKO Promo
- State Rep. Rosemary Marshall at Denver Dems
- Association Baton Proves Sticky
- Sen. Chris Romer at Denver Democrats
- Street Level at Colfax and York
- DeGette Apparently Unaware of Bush's Martial Law P...
- DeGette at Mercury Cafe - June 9, 2007
- As of 7:07pm tonight ...
- Making a List, and Checking it Twice
- Denver Mother Talks About the Surge
- Chimera in the Home Stretch
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.