Friday, January 10, 2014
Read Part 1
by email from Cathy Donohue
Why would Fred Weiss, who chaired the meeting, find it necessary to make a very pointed lecture to the committee members about why I was asked to leave. He did not say that I “chose” to leave.
He warned them that these meetings are “private”.
Councilwoman Robb did bring a guest who was not a committee member. He asked questions. Why was he allowed to stay and participate in the discussion. Is he some kind of special citizen?
Why did the Parks Dept. fail to make any mention in the formal minutes of my presence, my comments or my removal; nor is there any record that I was told I could stay but not comment. My presence has been redacted as if I didn’t exist. Later, the Parks Dept. published a fabricated version of what happened, but chose to leave an accurate portrayal out of the official minutes.
No matter what Doty Anderson says, she did receive an e-mail from a stakeholder who is also a member of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. This e-mail is critical of how I was treated and objects to my being asked to leave. This e-mail has disappeared. Most likely, Ms. Anderson is fully aware of the consequences of letting anyone see this message.
Lauri Dannemiller’s version of what was said to me is based entirely on what her staff supposedly told her. I was not told to leave by a member of her staff; but by the facilitator hired by the Parks Dept. I am absolutely certain of what he told me. It is now my understanding that all the while she was busy writing denials, she never spoke to the facilitator, Mr. Collins, who is the only person who spoke to me about leaving. I would be perfectly willing to take a lie detector test if he should deny what he said to me.
Unless Concilwoman Robb has Superman’s ears, she could not possibly have heard the verbal exchange between Mr. Collins and me as she was on the other side of the room, returning to her seat with her beverage in her hand. Most of the verbal exchange was made at the opposite end of the meeting room, with some of it being held in the foyer. There were no other persons in the foyer.
I have been deeply involved politically in the city for more than 40 years. I am not going to throw my reputation down the drain trying to make points to a person (Ms. Dannemiller) who has not done due diligence in seeking the truth or is easily bamboozled by her staff.
My reputation may suffer a bit of a blow, but ultimately the truth will come into the light.
I hope that no citizen ever has to be ejected from a city-sponsored meeting about such a vital subject. It is a lousy form of democracy. Most citizens who love our parks know that we will need to find new ways to keep them the treasures that they are. Why does the Hancock Administration think these meetings have to be “private”? What do they have to hide? I am pleased to learn that the secret meetings have been cancelled and that future meetings will be open for public participation.
at 1:31 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- COLORADO DRUGGED DRIVERS INVOLVED IN FATAL CRASHES...
- US 36 fifty-year privatization contract to be sign...
- Sonny Lawson Park Playground Installation
- Intercontinental Day of Protest Against the TPP
- US 36 Privatization Town Hall Meeting - Fri Jan 31...
- COLORADO STATE MINIMUM WAGE - Keeping up with infl...
- Perlmutter seeks more congressional involvement on...
- CRIME ALERT
- Publicopoly - WHAT?
- "Fight on!" vows Not 1 More Acre! as ban on DOD's ...
- We have to report you if you ask
- How long do YOU want to live?
- Highway 36 - Fifty Year Privatization Contract to ...
- Oxycontin - 17,000 deaths last year
- Exciting News!!
- I-70 will be privatized in a $1.1 billion dollar d...
- COUNCILMAN BROWN LAYS DOWN THE LAW
- CRIME ALERT - 700 BLOCK OF W. 11TH AVE
- HICKENLOOPER AND HORSES
- Colorado Highways are Being SOLD OFF
- THE DAY WE FIGHT BACK AGAINST MASS SURVEILLANCE
- Denver Mayor has approved the development plan (GD...
- Construction starts on DPS school being built in t...
- City Loop project at City Park
- Sign the Petition to Reject 20 and 12-story buildi...
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - VIDEO
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - Jan 13, 2014
Senator Irene Aguilar, MD P.O. Box 27424, De...
- FOR FEDERAL WORKERS (FOREST SERVICE) RE: POT
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE (Part 2)
- Denver’s Neighborhood Voice in the Wilderness
- Central Denver Recreation Center Press Conference
- A WAKE-UP CALL FOR GOVERNOR HICKENLOOPER
- LIST OF CURRENTLY ACTIVE DENVER POT SHOPS
- City Park West Neighborhood Meeting This Wednesday...
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE, CALLS FOR APOL...
- SO FAR, SO GOOD
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.