Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Councilwoman Susan Shepherd, at the same neighborhood meeting, thanked those neighbors for supporting the GDP and for supporting the developer, EFG. While we are disappointed that elected officials don’t primarily care about voters’ views, and about following democratically adopted plans and zoning, our work to effect a positive outcome for this development continues.
As a next step, let’s get involved with the individual developers who will buy portions of this land. Some of them are presenting their concepts next Wednesday, January 22. This is a great opportunity to share concerns that are meaningful to them and will help make this a better development for everyone.
The open house is at: Confluence Ministries, 1400 Quitman, Wednesday, January 22, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Our petition to lower heights to a maximum of 8 stories and to increase open space gathered 690 signatures in under a week. That’s almost six times the number of people who wrote in to comment on the GDP, before the hearing in December. And out of those, the vast majority expressed concern about the excessive scale and lack of open space in the plan.
Please be assured that the Mayor and Councilwoman Shepherd are aware of this petition. They are.
It is a shame that we, collectively, have elected City officials who don’t care about voters’ views. Also, by not making a decision on zoning that fits the intended development of this property now, our politicians kick the can of zoning fights down the road, leaving both developers and residents in uncertainty.
Either way, the good fight for a good outcome on this site continues. Thank you so much for your passion and for your polite and appropriate advocacy to date. Please stay engaged with this process and let’s work together for as good of a result as possible.
Sloan’s Lake Town Center
at 5:32 PM
- COLORADO DRUGGED DRIVERS INVOLVED IN FATAL CRASHES...
- US 36 fifty-year privatization contract to be sign...
- Sonny Lawson Park Playground Installation
- Intercontinental Day of Protest Against the TPP
- US 36 Privatization Town Hall Meeting - Fri Jan 31...
- COLORADO STATE MINIMUM WAGE - Keeping up with infl...
- Perlmutter seeks more congressional involvement on...
- CRIME ALERT
- Publicopoly - WHAT?
- "Fight on!" vows Not 1 More Acre! as ban on DOD's ...
- We have to report you if you ask
- How long do YOU want to live?
- Highway 36 - Fifty Year Privatization Contract to ...
- Oxycontin - 17,000 deaths last year
- Exciting News!!
- I-70 will be privatized in a $1.1 billion dollar d...
- COUNCILMAN BROWN LAYS DOWN THE LAW
- CRIME ALERT - 700 BLOCK OF W. 11TH AVE
- HICKENLOOPER AND HORSES
- Colorado Highways are Being SOLD OFF
- THE DAY WE FIGHT BACK AGAINST MASS SURVEILLANCE
- Denver Mayor has approved the development plan (GD...
- Construction starts on DPS school being built in t...
- City Loop project at City Park
- Sign the Petition to Reject 20 and 12-story buildi...
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - VIDEO
- HERE COMES THE 4/20 TRAIN - Jan 13, 2014
Senator Irene Aguilar, MD P.O. Box 27424, De...
- FOR FEDERAL WORKERS (FOREST SERVICE) RE: POT
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE (Part 2)
- Denver’s Neighborhood Voice in the Wilderness
- Central Denver Recreation Center Press Conference
- A WAKE-UP CALL FOR GOVERNOR HICKENLOOPER
- LIST OF CURRENTLY ACTIVE DENVER POT SHOPS
- City Park West Neighborhood Meeting This Wednesday...
- PARKS AND REC INSULTING TO DONOHUE, CALLS FOR APOL...
- SO FAR, SO GOOD
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.