Monday, September 15, 2014
The Denver Democrats have outdone themselves choosing Rep. Angela Williams as their Democrat of the Year. From promoting American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) inspired telecommunications bills in 2014 to killing the foreclosure protection bill put forth by her own party in 2013, Williams has been busy, but not promoting the values Democrats say they honor. In 2013, Williams won the Spirit of Independence Award from the Independent Bankers of Colorado (many members of which are listed in the top 100 most wealthy banks by they Federal Reserve, so don’t be fooled by the name) for standing “firmly in the face of opposition from their (her) own political party.”
The fact that Williams has worked against members of her own party, specifically in Denver in leading the effort to kill the Mortgage Accountability and Housing Stabilization Act, and is now being named Democrat of the Year by the Denver County Democratic Party shows that group’s lack of integrity.
Thankfully, voters have a choice for an Independent this year in House District 7. The Denver County Democrats can puff up Rep. Williams all they like, but she still faces a tight race for her seat in the form of Elet Valentine for State Representative – House District 7.
at 12:12 PM
- NOW THIS IS A BIG DEAL - LIVESTREAM FROM COLORADO ...
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S METHADONE DISPENSARY TO RELOC...
- PLATFORM FOR DENVER PLANNING AND ZONING 2014
- Organic Consumers Association blasts General Mills...
- Methadone dispensary set to go in at 1620 Gaylord
- Abolish Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Opportunities to make a public comment tonight & t...
- DOWN THE MISSING AUDIT RABBIT HOLE - NOTES FROM TH...
- THEY GOT US IN A TRAP
- Notes from the New Drug War by Jessica LeRoux - Se...
- Ideas from Anthony
- Are People in North Denver's future?
- Mayor Hancock Presents 2015 Budget Proposal
- via Facebook:
The Denver Democrats have outdone t...
- TO CHARGE – OR NOT CHARGE – IN CITY PARK
- City Park group urges new Denver noise ordinance a...
- Public roads for private profit? I don’t think so....
- Tours and Talks by Phil Goodstein September- Octob...
- and yet, "Popular Denver Swimming Areas Can Make C...
- Join Mayor Michael B. Hancock for Cabinet in the C...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.