Tuesday, August 26, 2014
• WHEREAS, the City of Denver Noise Ordinance, Section 36 sets the limit for
sound in neighborhoods at 55 dB(A), and
• WHEREAS, Sec. 36-6(b) (17) gives an exemption to festivals and raises the
limit for sound to 80 dB(A), and
• WHEREAS, under the current ordinance definitions, only dB readings at (A)
levels are required which does not measure the different frequencies, and
• WHEREAS, low frequency sound waves dB(C) are long, can actually travel
through buildings and be heard and often can be felt, and
• WHEREAS, the current ordinance was promulgated some years ago before
the advent of the Admission Based Event policy and the significant
increase from a few hundred to more than 800 events a year in Denver,
including in Denver parks, and
• WHEREAS, at the time this ordinance was promulgated 80 dBs(A) was
interpreted to be an acceptable level for sound in residential area when
there were few permitted events in parks, and
• WHEREAS, the 80 dB(A) sound level associated with these frequent events
in parks has become the norm, has disrupted the quality of neighborhood
life on a regular basis and has created an ongoing and intolerable
condition.which the 55 dB level was intended to address, now therefore,
• BE IT RESOLVED, that INC calls upon the City of Denver to begin a
collaborative, thorough, and thoughtful public process in order to revise the
Noise Ordinance so that it is specified how sound pressure is measured,
by whom, and when during an event, and to state the maximum level of
sound pressure is 55 dB(A) & (C) in neighborhoods in order to maintain
and improve the quality of life for Denver’s residents.
at 9:18 AM
- Dave Felice at Polis Rally, Aug.28, 2014
- Whittier Alley Loop - $7000 for a "creative urban ...
- DPR'S DANNEMILLER WITH REGARD TO OBSCENITY IN THE ...
- NEW PROJECT ON YORK AT 17TH AVE
- A PARK THAT IS A ZOO by PHIL GOODSTEIN - NAYSAYER,...
- "Every move you make..."
- INC Resolution on Revising Neighborhood Noise Ordi...
- INC Resolution on Disturbance of the Public Peace ...
- Forget Technology; Denver Turns to Its Employees t...
- Denver's Water Saver Cars
- CHIVE Fest neighbors described the excessive noise...
- Crisis at the Border & Immigration Reform
- Another excellent ad by the Romanoff team
- AFTERMATH TO CHIVE FEST by Linda Drake
- WHAT ABOUT THIS SECTION OF A64?
- "YOU ARE UNLAWFULLY ASSEMBLED" LIVE STREAMING FROM...
- DENVER CHIVE FEST RAW (WARNING: WHATEVER)
- DISTURBANCE OF THE PEACE: ANDREA MERIDA CITES DENV...
- DENVER CHIVE FEST: ASSORTED PHOTOS
- CHIVE FEST: ATROCIOUS USE OF PARKS
- Tim Pool back on the job, live-streaming from Ferg...
- CHIVE FEST: SHOW YOUR BOOBIES
- GUMBO LE FUNQUE CD RELEASE PARTY - SUNDAY 8-24-201...
- Please avoid parking in neighborhood areas near th...
- I Smoked POT in the RAT CAGE to SHOW Dr. WOLK what...
- Colorado's first mental health crisis hotline open...
- CHIVE FEST ON
- National Cannabis Consultant and Local PR Veteran ...
- POT SCORECARD
- DENVER DAYS INFO FROM COUNCILMAN ALBUS BROOKS
- DENVER PARK'S ADMISSION BASED EVENTS POLICY IS IN ...
- Assistance League Thrift Mart Sale - Tomorrow
- Chive Fest in City Park (meeting) turned out a fai...
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.