Friday, April 11, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: J. Moody 303 618-2122
Goldman Gantenbein Law Firm
The Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), more commonly known as FANNIE MAE announced today they will no longer be using well-known Denver foreclosure law firms; Castle Law Group and Aronowitz & Mecklenburg.
Fannie Mae had suddenly terminated its relationship and has ceased doing business with both Castle and Aronowitz. Fannie Mae is known for having strict guidelines and low tolerance for violations of any kind.
Fannie Mae has already turned referrals of new foreclosure cases, and transferred existing cases to other law firms.
There has not been any formal comments from the Government-Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) who oversee Fannie Mae although it has been commonly reported the two law firms have been under the Colorado Attorney General’s (AG) investigation for allegedly overcharging fees in serving foreclosure notices to homeowners.
The Denver Post wrote recently, the AG’s office claimed one of the law firms “misrepresented its costs and charged more than twice what it paid for posting services”.
The investigation of these billing discrepancies from Castle Law Group and Aronowitz & Mecklenburg led to the finding of several county Public Trustees in Colorado overcharging their foreclosure costs. Those costs were then passed on to the banks and then to homeowners. There were also claims of collusion and price fixing among foreclosure law firms in the state as well.
The Attorney General’s investigations helped push Colorado state legislature to create new bills to help homeowners in foreclosure.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Defense Attorney Keith Gantenbein helped draft Representative Beth McCann’s bills, HB 14-1130 called “Foreclosure Cure Remit Unpaid Fees to Borrower Act” and HB 14-1295 requiring a single point of contact for a borrower when negotiating a loan modification and prohibits Dual Tracking. Gantenbein also testified for both bills.
HB 14-1130 passed almost unanimously by the state Senate committee last Tuesday, April 8th. There were 64 votes in favor, 0 votes against and 1 vote defined as ‘other’.
HB 14-1295 passed the Senate Second Reading yesterday, April 10th.
Gantenbein, along with lobbyist Corrine Fowler has been meeting with and tirelessly working with Rep. Beth McCann, who, along with Senator Jessie Ulibarri have all been concerned with numerous foreclosure issues and homeowner complaints that have been plaguing Colorado.
It is unclear at this time, whether the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) known as FREDDIE MAC, the brother of FANNIE MAE, will also be terminating all their business with Castle Law Group and Aronowitz & Mecklenburg as well.
at 5:00 PM
- Colorado Sen. Mike Johnston Update
- Finding of No Significant Impact
- Proposed Changes to Rules and Regulations Regardin...
- LAST MINUTE NOTICE
- Saturday, 1:pm, April 26th at the Denver Capitol B...
- UPDATE FROM FRIENDS OF DENVER PARKS - APRIL 25, 20...
- CAN TPP BE DEFEATED?
- Anthony responds to LiveWell re: I-70 relocation
- STUDENT DEBT PROTEST - FRIDAY AT THE CAPITOL
- Tom Boasberg and a Culture of Deceit
- INADEQUATE TRANSPARENCY
- CLIMATE PROTECTION RELATED EVENTS
- NOT 1 MORE ACRE! (Pinon Canyon Update)
- HICKENLOOPER CAMPAIGN AD
- CRIME ALERT
- FANNIE MAE PULLS THE PLUG ON CASTLE LAW GROUP, ARO...
- Denver Dems (District 8) Spaghetti Dinner
- WHAT TO DO THIS FRIDAY AFTERNOON
- Climate Change and I-70
- SUNDAY PARKING IN CITY PARK
- COMMUNITY GRANTS AVAILABLE
- LOCK THE KIDS UP AT NIGHT TO KEEP THEM SAFE
- Observations on Colfax Rec Center
- THAT I-70 CUT AND COVER
- DENVER CENTRAL RECREATION CENTER - And then there...
- REGARDING LION DEATHS FROM CANCER AT THE DENVER ZO...
- EQUAL PAY
- TRANSPORTATION SUMMIT
- Police Alert - Daytime Residential Burglaries
- You Stopped the Loop! Now Join CPFAN
- SCREWED AGAIN
- Survey on new Colfax rec center
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.