Monday, March 24, 2014
from Dave Felice:
It has become crystal clear to most people paying the slightest bit of attention that our banking and financial sector is unstable and severely inadequate in addressing the financial needs of local governments and communities. Here in Colorado we have been watching helplessly as essential government services are continually being cut and privatized. Politicians tell us they do not have enough money and have no other choice but there is another option – Public Banking.
On March 13th of this year a group of citizens submitted a Proposed Constitutional Amendment for the State of Colorado to establish a Publicly Owned State Bank. It would truly be the people’s bank and could lend money out at low (or no) interest to promote local business and the interests of Colorado residents. And the money the bank earns on interest it could use for schools, roads or other things the state is falling short of funding.
You can read the proposal here:
The hearing on the Initiative before the Colorado Legislative Council is this coming Thursday, March 27th at 1:30 p.m. in the Capitol Building, Room HCR 0109.
at 12:25 PM
- 420 Coming Soon
- Doors Open Denver
- Ludlow: The Public/Private Partnership
- Lawsuit against TABOR
- So what ever happened with City Park Loop - (expan...
- Denver City Council upcoming Proclamation regardin...
- Important I-70 meeting
- Walkabout March 26, 2014
- Is Neighborhood Opinion Obstructive and Uninformed...
- PUBLIC BANKING: A REAL SOLUTION
- Dave's wrap up on City Loop at City Park
- NO CITY LOOP IN DENVER'S CITY PARK
- From the Zoo re: City Loop - What?
- STOP CITY LOOP
- re: City Loop - "FULL SPEED AHEAD; TO HELL WITH TH...
- _UMB and _UMBER: "Count on More (Fees)"
- City Loop in City Park: Recap
- SELL FOOD FROM YOUR HOUSE
- GREEN PARTY OF COLORADO
- Super Shuttle to implement 30% pay cut
- Friends of Denver Parks and the Owl Team - St Patr...
- Is Denver now, or will it ever be, a WORLD CLASS C...
- The Public Vote on Highway Deals
- Kick-off event for Hillary Clinton
- What could be worse than Citizens United for our n...
- Stop Denver City Park City Loop
- Roller Skate Party
- Ken Gordon Memorial
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.