Saturday, March 29, 2014
The Democrats’ thorough contempt of voters and popular democracy is endless. It has surfaced again in the lawsuit filed by party lawmakers against the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights (TABOR). The citizenry adopted this amendment to the state constitution in 1992, partially in reaction to the extravagant handouts and giveaways of the government to private businesses and the scam of Denver International Airport.
Ever since its passage, the governing class has raged against it. This refers to the political elite. Far from seeing themselves as representatives of the public, designed to get the government to work for everyday people, they are essentially representatives of the government who try to impose the dictates of the bureaucracy on the populace. They particularly call for ever greater pay for public officials, seeing themselves as the enlightened guardians of civilization while they surround public buildings with goons to defend the government from the populace. Such ideologues rail against TABOR precisely beside it is designed to check the usual plunder of officeholders with their giveaways to politically well-connected donors.
While endlessly attacking TABOR, the governing class has never tried to repeal it through an open and honest referendum. Rather, as is its wont, it has employed stealth. Its latest scheme is a federal lawsuit, claiming the act is unconstitutional because it ties the hands of lawmakers in deciding how much they can tax the populace. In other words, rather than having the courts respect the decision of the electorate, the governing class wants sweeping judicial intervention whereby appointed jurists, with no public accountability, will allow it to have its way despite the mandate of the citizenry. Precisely such policies and arrogance are what fuel the massive alienation of the citizenry from the government. For so illustrating their elitism and contempt for everybody except their cherished government, those pushing the TABOR suit are an Associate Naysayer of the Month.
at 8:45 AM
- 420 Coming Soon
- Doors Open Denver
- Ludlow: The Public/Private Partnership
- Lawsuit against TABOR
- So what ever happened with City Park Loop - (expan...
- Denver City Council upcoming Proclamation regardin...
- Important I-70 meeting
- Walkabout March 26, 2014
- Is Neighborhood Opinion Obstructive and Uninformed...
- PUBLIC BANKING: A REAL SOLUTION
- Dave's wrap up on City Loop at City Park
- NO CITY LOOP IN DENVER'S CITY PARK
- From the Zoo re: City Loop - What?
- STOP CITY LOOP
- re: City Loop - "FULL SPEED AHEAD; TO HELL WITH TH...
- _UMB and _UMBER: "Count on More (Fees)"
- City Loop in City Park: Recap
- SELL FOOD FROM YOUR HOUSE
- GREEN PARTY OF COLORADO
- Super Shuttle to implement 30% pay cut
- Friends of Denver Parks and the Owl Team - St Patr...
- Is Denver now, or will it ever be, a WORLD CLASS C...
- The Public Vote on Highway Deals
- Kick-off event for Hillary Clinton
- What could be worse than Citizens United for our n...
- Stop Denver City Park City Loop
- Roller Skate Party
- Ken Gordon Memorial
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.