Thursday, February 20, 2014
Coming Colorado March 1st to the 14th:
Michael Milligan in “Mercy Killers”
One man, one show, one hour that will change you forever.
Sponsored by Health Care for All Colorado Foundation a 501c3 educating for single payer health care, fiscally responsible and socially just, and Health Care for All Colorado, the 501c4 that advocates for the political change need to achieve single payer reform.
Tickets and schedule:
Saturday, March 1 – Pueblo, Hoag Theater, Pueblo Community College (tickets and info).
Sunday, March 2 – Canon City, Shepherd of the Hills Church (tickets and info).
Monday, March 3 – Colorado Springs, High Plains Church Unitarian Universalist (tickets and info). Download flier.
Tuesday, March 4 – Boulder, Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder (tickets and info). Download flier.
Tuesday, March 11 – Frisco, Summit County Community and Senior Center (tickets and info). Download flier.
Theater Reviews from around the country for Mercy Killers:
Raw, emotional and devastatingly honest. When Joe’s wife is diagnosed with cancer and the health insurance company refuses to pay, his life and his beliefs begin to fall apart. Broadway actor Michael Milligan’s solo show gives an insight into the destructive personal impact of the American health care system. It makes public the private stories of thousands of Americans and shows an urgent need for change in a system failing so many. His performance is incredibly powerful and passionate, sweeping the audience up in Joe’s story; making them laugh sometimes and bringing them to the edge of tears at others. Milligan has written a beautifully moving and thought-provoking piece that will leave you feeling a mixture of thankful, angered and saddened.
This searing one man show manages to make politics personal, largely thanks to a heart-breaking performance from leading man and Broadway actor Michael Milligan. What could have been painfully simplistic or horribly over-played, is executed with considered pace here, in all its devastating detail unfolds.
Journalist Aaron Smith, Ohio: “His play, first and foremost, is an attempt to speak out on behalf of the gross numbers of individuals who have spiraled into bankruptcy as a result of medical debt. In performance, however, Milligan does much more than this. With an eye toward individualism and the American dream, Mercy Killers ultimately calls for much more than medical reform reform of the values that comprise our culture today.”
at 5:31 PM
Submit for publication: I consider any emails I receive to be publishable unless otherwise indicated e.g. (FYI ONLY, DO NOT PUBLISH, NOT FOR PUBLICATION. ETC.) [email protected]
- This Just In - City Releases Documents HHNP is a P...
- Audit: Colorado agencies sitting on $25.6 million ...
- DENVER TO GAMBLE ON 4/20 - NO POT SMOKING IN PARK ...
- DEMOCRACY SCHOOL
- Marijuana much?
- Conceptual master plan of the proposed development...
- Please join us at City Loop Stakeholder/Focus Grou...
- Denver Police to Confront Pot Celebration Lawbreak...
- Mercy Killers tour
- Drink and Skate
- Developer for 9th and Colorado Blvd. Announced
- McCann Town Hall: THE MARIJUANA INDUSTRY IN DENVER...
- Why the TPP is Dangerous: Digital Privacy & Right...
- ANOTHER NAY FOR CITY LOOP
- Today's Twitter Storm to save American jobs
- "Gessler loves an audience"
- The Pirates and their clever plot to steal our Par...
- Current 1-70 expansion (the cut and cover)
- Manual High School: A Symbol of Corporate Educatio...
- CITIZENS GROUP LOBBYING - WITH BREAKFAST AND TRAIN...
- CREATIVE THINKING
- CDOT states its case for private partner on U.S. 3...
- BREAKING NEWS - TONIGHT'S (2/13) HWY 36 PRIVATIZAT...
- APOLOGY TO COMMENTERS...
- State Senator Matt Jones weighs in on US 36 and hi...
- DEATH PENALTY IN COLORADO - Panel discussion Feb 2...
- MEETUP TONIGHT - US 36 Privatization and Toll Lane...
- Walkabout - Feb 8, 2014
- Save Amtrak in Southern Colorado and add a stop in...
- Colorado Department of Transportation faces scruti...
- Town Hall Meeting - Cheesman Park Neighborhood
- Hwy 36 update
- Mark your calendar - this should be interesting
- DENVER CITY COUNCIL IN FANTASY LAND - NO POT SMOKI...
- HEADS UP ON NEW SCAM
- Copy and send this email now....
- UPDATED: We MUST stop the US 36 privatization. Col...
- US 36 Privatization 50-Year Contract to be Signed ...
- Trade Treaty Un-American
- CU Benchmarks New Developer’s Plan on "Do it Right...
- Report from the meeting of Colorado Boulevard Heal...
- Remembering "one-stop-services" for the homeless
- Long awaited...
- Denver neighborhood award goes to Park Hill delega...
- MANUAL HIGH SCHOOL TO BE CLOSED, REPLACED WITH CHA...
- Denver Mayor Hancock wants salary increases for 11...
- SUPPORT PALMER ELEMENTARY - EAT FOR CHANGE
- SPECIAL EVENTS AND PERMITS - PUBLIC MEETINGS
- COMMUNITY FORESTER WORKSHOPS
- INC ZONING AND PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES
- APROPOS OF NOTHING
- RESOLUTION FOR THE RIGHT OF DENVER CITIZENS TO DET...
Got a tip? Information? Press release? Contact us by email -Editor@DenverDirect.tv
Who we are:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
All of the work on this site, including the original YouTube videos by www.DenverDirect.tv, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Click on the symbol above for explanation.